PDA

View Full Version : How shall I play a top hand like this one?!

Siingo
06-03-2004, 06:09 PM
Hi!

How shall I play a hand like this one to get as much money as possible. This play was totaly wrong at least!

At the flop was I thinking that I should checkrais or call and checkrais at the turn if someone bet depending on where the bet came or depending on how many players that was calling.

Since noone was beting and the card that came could not help anyone, I paniced and beted out hopping that someone belived that I was bluffing and called. Not good!

Should I checked and hoped for a bet at the turn and if that would not hapen then bet on the river instead hoping that someone got a good card there?!

And was it wrong to check the flop?!

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, CO folds.

Turn: (2 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, Hero bets, UTG folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: 3 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. Hero wins 3 BB. </font>

Thanks!

tech
06-03-2004, 06:13 PM
Bet the flop. There are lots of players who will call one bet on the flop but not on the turn.

mat
06-03-2004, 06:22 PM
you wont get a lot of money in this hand unless you were beaten most likely. i think you are really overestimating the strength of this hand. you should have bet the flop and the turn and probably be glad that you won the hand. pairing the board to make trips is nothing like having a pocket pair and making a set. also you need to look at the texture of the flop there is no draw and if you get much action they probably have you beat. what holdings could possibly give you action overcards probably would have called a flop bet but you probably got the most out of your hand a win

Rico Suave
06-03-2004, 06:48 PM
Siingo:

Bet!!! Your opponents cannot give you their money if you do not bet.

--Rico