PDA

View Full Version : Reading Order

goodfelladh
06-03-2004, 03:47 PM
I've seen things like this touched on before, but I thought I'd throw this out to you all just to see what some opinions are. I completely understand that there is no single "correct" answer, but everybody's opinions are welcome.

After playing a lot of $25 NL tables and SnGs, I'm deciding to try my hand in the limit world of which I've had limited experience. I read "Winning Low Limit Hold'Em" by Lee Jones a while back and am going back to re-read it now.

I've noticed that a lot of people recommend reading TPFAP after I have read WLLH and playing for some time. Would this be the correct move? Also, what about "The Theory of Poker?" Should I read "Theory" after TPFAP or before? Once again any suggestions/guidance would be appreciated.

MEbenhoe
06-03-2004, 04:14 PM
What would TPFAP have to do with you starting to play limit ring games? Personally I'd say read Theory of Poker first anyways.

goodfelladh
06-03-2004, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What would TPFAP have to do with you starting to play limit ring games? Personally I'd say read Theory of Poker first anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry... I meant HFAP. Should've previewed the post first!

MEbenhoe
06-03-2004, 04:50 PM
Well personally I'd read Theory of Poker first, then HFAP, and I'd also throw in Hold Em Odds Book by Mike Petriv.

charlie_t_jr
06-03-2004, 06:42 PM
I would re-read WLLH, and pay special attention to the starting hands/position. And just get started playing. While your playing I'd read and read Theory of Poker. And then move on to HPFAP.

Stew
06-03-2004, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would re-read WLLH, and pay special attention to the starting hands/position. And just get started playing. While your playing I'd read and read Theory of Poker. And then move on to HPFAP.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I would recommend as well. Re-Read WLLH by Jones. Then, move on to Theory of Poker. Read it, you probably won't understand it or some of it initially, then re-read it. Then, move on to HPFAP, repeat process. Then, I'd continually read TOP and HPFAP over and over until you have them memorized.

TOP will help your NL sit and go game as well.