PDA

View Full Version : 10-20 hand out of position

09-13-2001, 10:32 AM
Fairly typical 10/20 game, 10-handed, but 3 people sitting out.

UTG, cut-off and button limp in and I check my BB with AJo.

The flop comes A J 5 twotone; I bet out, UTG and cut-off call, button raises, I 3-bet, UTG folds and both cut-off and button call.

When the turn comes a 6 making the flush possible I check-call. Cut-off folded. Button is very loose preflop, and bluffs quite often postflop. Havent played long enough with him however to know if he's capable of making moves here, but I think when I bet out and got raised I wouldnt be able to lay down against this opponent. Since he bluffs often, I also think there would be a good chance he would bet the turn himself. What do you think? Did I take too much risk here by giving a possible lone flushcard a possible free draw on me? (I didnt have a flushcard).

Anyway..river is a rag, and I check-call again. He wins with a Q7 flush.

Regards

09-13-2001, 11:59 AM
Which hand worth 3 bets on the flop that contains a stiff Heart is'nt worth calling a bet on the turn? Maybe AcTh MAY call 3-bets but not call the turn. There aren't very many such hands.

- Louie

09-13-2001, 12:33 PM
Ikke,

Checking the turn was fine against these opponents as long as you will bet the river if a non flush card comes (if the turn gets checked through). And check calling the turn is probably the right play against an opponent who will play as you described.

Regards,

Rick

09-13-2001, 12:52 PM
Just to get it right...would you bet the river in this situation (he bet the turn)? And what if he raised the river?

Regards

09-13-2001, 01:53 PM
Ikke,

If he bet the turn I would call and check again on the river. If he bet the river I would call almost always (against the player as described) after showing weakness on the turn by check-calling.

Regards,

Rick