BottlesOf
06-03-2004, 10:39 AM
For personal reasons.... Who buys that?

Nepa
06-03-2004, 11:16 AM
I'm surprised it took this long.

elwoodblues
06-03-2004, 12:23 PM
I was going to post nearly the exact same question. I have very little doubt that the "personal reason" was he was told if he didn't resign, he'd be fired.

ThaSaltCracka
06-03-2004, 12:33 PM
Umm....
My initial response is "Ahh finally the first politcal casualty of 9/11", however I guess he was going to resign after the election anyways, regardless who gets elected. I think there might be some family issue here, or maybe he is just burnt out...... I feel bad for him anyways.

Oh well <shrug> /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

adios
06-03-2004, 12:48 PM
xxx

GWB
06-03-2004, 12:49 PM
Your president doesn't fire people for politically expedient reasons. So, you can take the "personal reasons" explanation to the bank.

I'm glad to see the replies so far reflect that the posters around here understand that. It will tough therefore for the Democrats to spin this as a "first crack in the wall", but they will try to spin it anyway.

BTW, Tenet was going to resign in 2001/2002, but stayed on after the 9/11 attacks. The country owes him for his sense of responsibility.

W

cardcounter0
06-03-2004, 01:08 PM
You must have been having a nap when Snow resigned. Of course, he was in charge of domestic spending so it probably wasn't that important to you.

Wasn't the resignation of the head on counter-terrorism also a 'first crack' or have you already forgotten about that one too?

andyfox
06-03-2004, 01:08 PM
"Your president doesn't fire people for politically expedient reasons."

C'mon, Mr. President. You'd be the first president in history if you didn't. Level with us, we can handle it.

jokerswild
06-03-2004, 02:41 PM
Why did Bush hire a lawyer for the Cheney outting of a CIA covert op? Bush has obstruction of justice to hide?

This is the turning of the tide against neocon fascism.

elwoodblues
06-03-2004, 02:48 PM
Hiring a lawyer in no way imputes guilt/culpability. In my opinion, it was actually a pretty prudent thing to do even if the president had no involvement whatsoever.

cardcounter0
06-03-2004, 02:52 PM
Unless it is Clinton that is hiring the lawyer. Then it is a sure sign of guilt.

elwoodblues
06-03-2004, 03:04 PM
I don't recall people making the claim about Clinton that consultation with an attorney was evidence of guilt (though it wouldn't surprise me --- people make stupid claims all the time).

Wake up CALL
06-03-2004, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why did Bush hire a lawyer for the Cheney outting of a CIA covert op? Bush has obstruction of justice to hide?

This is the turning of the tide against neocon fascism.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually he has not yet hired an attorney. Merely consulted with private counsel since if he is subpeoned by a Grand Jury he will not be able to utilize a government attorney. It seems only reasonable and prudent.

Cyrus
06-03-2004, 06:42 PM
OK, so I lost a bet on Tenet, I had him staying on till election time. On to other pastures. Anybody care to guess how long the new Iraqi PM is gonna stay alive ? I mean, is any insurance company in the world insuring that guy ?