PDA

View Full Version : This One Made Me Feel Yicky

razor
06-03-2004, 10:09 AM
I not sure I like the way I played this...

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Ok, Pre-flop is pretty obvious...

MP2 posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 (poster) checks, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>

BB hesitates a second before checking and I immediately start thinking that smells like a 9... but then maybe he just not paying attention or checking out FlamesGirls.com or whatever... anyway, it's checked to me and I have no intention of fearing monsters under the bed so I...

SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds.

Turn: (7 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>

Doh! an overcard and now the flush is out there... It's checked to me again. Now a couple weeks ago I check thru and see what the river brings, probably calling a river bet. But now I'm re-thinking my game and thoughts of N.P.A. Ed Miller ranting in all-caps 'WHEN THE POT IS BIG' this and 'PUSH UNTIL SOMEONE PUSHES BACK' that and 'BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH' and I haven't really sorted all this new thinking out yet and after all it's checked to me again... so I... DOH!

SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (15 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>

So I make a (surely futile) river call as I pack up my Ladies and go home.

SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 18 BB

I think checking thru and calling a river bet or bet/fold to a raise on the turn better are options here.

Thoughts?

ZootMurph
06-03-2004, 10:44 AM
Until someone tells me to slow down, I keep betting. When it is checked to you, I think you HAVE to bet it. If BB has trip 9s, you have a 2 Queens and 4 Tens as outs (unless he has 9T, of course). Drawing dead if he has the flush... Being worthless and weak, I'd probably fold to the check/raise.

razor
06-03-2004, 04:57 PM
*** bump ***

It's your chance to mock me, berate me and tell me that I play bad poker...

or you can say nice things if you wish.

bisonbison
06-03-2004, 05:01 PM
This looks pretty standard.

You must bet the turn when it's checked to you, and you must call the c/r.

Sometimes you can fold that river, but against unknown opponents I call most of the time.

Soggy Salmon
06-03-2004, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You must bet the turn when it's checked to you, and you must call the c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why must he call the checkraise?

Edited to add that I didn't see the inside straight draw, but it still seems pretty iffy.

bisonbison
06-03-2004, 05:20 PM
Because he's getting basically 14-1 to call, needs 1-22 to spike a Q, may have 3 Ts as outs, may have 2 9s as outs, and either trips or a flush will call a river raise.