PDA

View Full Version : Women shouldn't be allowed to play golf.

BeerMoney
06-03-2004, 09:42 AM
Ever get stuck behind a foursome of shitty women golfers? All they want to do is talk. The worst is when you're paired up with them. Brutal.

HDPM
06-03-2004, 10:08 AM
It is about the same as being behind slow male golfers. There is only one exception that seems to apply a bit more to bad female players, although men are guilty of this one too. What I hate is a person who just cant advance the ball at all struggling over club selection. I played behind a slow mixed foursome one time, and this one woman constantly agonized over pulling a club and her husband would advise her. She hit her driver about 75 yards at most. Her 5 wood went about 75 yards. Her 9 iron went about 67 yards. It would just depend on how thin she hit it compared to the ground conditions immediately in front of her. Instead of hitting a half dozen 5 woods and a wedge to a par 4, then 4 putting, she would hit driver, 5 wood 5 wood 5 wood 6 iron 9 iron wedge 4 putts while studying yardage on each shot and going back to the cart for a different club. I kept wondering how she could possibly care whether she hit a 6 or 7 iron or whatever.

I thought seriously about suicide that day. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

southerndog
06-03-2004, 10:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It is about the same as being behind slow male golfers. There is only one exception that seems to apply a bit more to bad female players, although men are guilty of this one too. What I hate is a person who just cant advance the ball at all struggling over club selection. I played behind a slow mixed foursome one time, and this one woman constantly agonized over pulling a club and her husband would advise her. She hit her driver about 75 yards at most. Her 5 wood went about 75 yards. Her 9 iron went about 67 yards. It would just depend on how thin she hit it compared to the ground conditions immediately in front of her. Instead of hitting a half dozen 5 woods and a wedge to a par 4, then 4 putting, she would hit driver, 5 wood 5 wood 5 wood 6 iron 9 iron wedge 4 putts while studying yardage on each shot and going back to the cart for a different club. I kept wondering how she could possibly care whether she hit a 6 or 7 iron or whatever.

I thought seriously about suicide that day. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Some men will line up their putts and you would swear it was sunday at the Master's.

My girlfriend plays, unfortunately, and the driver, 7 iron and 3 iron all go the same distance. Some wierd phenomenon.

gonores
06-03-2004, 10:56 AM
No...women should be FORCED to golf from a young age. Of course, their access to the course as kids should be limited to off-peak, late-afternoon-type hours until they can break 100. Admit it...all LPGA/lesbian jokes aside, I don't think there is anything sexier than fit, young woman with a long, flowing, fluid swing, although the allure might wear off if golf became the new big thing for women.

M2d
06-03-2004, 11:45 AM
I'd rather play behind a short hitting woman who shoots 115 than a macho power hitter who shoots 115 any day. probably 1/2 hour to an hour shorter with the woman.

southerndog
06-03-2004, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No...women should be FORCED to golf from a young age. Of course, their access to the course as kids should be limited to off-peak, late-afternoon-type hours until they can break 100. Admit it...all LPGA/lesbian jokes aside, I don't think there is anything sexier than fit, young woman with a long, flowing, fluid swing, although the allure might wear off if golf became the new big thing for women.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tennis my friend, tennis. Or figure-skating.

cardcounter0
06-03-2004, 11:51 AM
The whole downfall of civilization can be traced back to the time we allowed women to own shoes.

southerndog
06-03-2004, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The whole downfall of civilization can be traced back to the time we allowed women to own shoes.

[/ QUOTE ]

And then those became golf shoes.

namknils
06-03-2004, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tennis my friend, tennis. Or figure-skating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately tennis, mmm...

ThaSaltCracka
06-03-2004, 12:36 PM
thats some funny [censored] HDPM.

But all jokes aside, I don't think there is anyone worse to play behind than me!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Clarkmeister
06-03-2004, 01:21 PM
Man, my girlfriend started playing last September and it's awesome. She stinks, but she's learning and she loves it, and it allows me to play more often. Plus, she looks fabulous in all the cute little golfing outfits I bought her. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

nolanfan34
06-03-2004, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
She stinks, but she's learning and she loves it, and it allows me to play more often.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, this is the key. My wife is the same way. She likes to play once in a while, for 9 holes or so. She's not great, but the important thing is that at least she understands WHY I like playing so much. So I don't get the "waste of time" crap that some of my buddies do.

My other slow golfer pet peeve is when the group in front of you, none of whom can break 100, are like 200+ yards away on a par-5 and wait for the green to clear before hitting. They could each drop a bucket of balls and they won't hit the green, but they all wait "just in case" they get there. Drives me crazy.

MaxPower
06-03-2004, 03:43 PM
I think men are just as bad. Most of them play slowly as well.

Get used to it because as soon as Michelle Wie turns pro, golf courses are going to be taken over by women.

Phat Mack
06-03-2004, 06:10 PM
It is about the same as being behind slow male golfers.

Nah, it's different: The women will let you play through, the men have too much ego at stake to allow it.

I kept wondering how she could possibly care whether she hit a 6 or 7 iron or whatever.

I had a friend in high school who was a great schoolboy baseball player--eventually got a tryout with the Cubs. He could wallop a 5 iron 200 yards straight as an arrow. He could hit a driver 180 yards; at least that was my estimate when his ball could be found. Whenever he stepped onto the tee, out came his driver. I tried in vain to get him to tee off with his 5 iron, but he knew that real golfers used drivers so he wasn't buying it. Sigh.

NutCrackerr
06-04-2004, 11:27 AM
The answer is in the origins of the word itself. I once read that the word GOLF came about to describe a nameless game that was for Gentlemen Only, Ladies Forbidden.

Al_Capone_Junior
06-05-2004, 02:50 PM
I am all for women in golf, espcially hotties driving the beer cart!

Besides, I stink as bad as most women (at least at the long game, my short game is OK).

al

Al_Capone_Junior
06-05-2004, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My other slow golfer pet peeve is when the group in front of you, none of whom can break 100, are like 200+ yards away on a par-5 and wait for the green to clear before hitting. They could each drop a bucket of balls and they won't hit the green, but they all wait "just in case" they get there. Drives me crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

That chit cracked me the hell up! It's true tho !

al

arx
06-10-2004, 07:45 AM
Could not agree more!