PDA

View Full Version : Ray Bourque

sublime
06-03-2004, 06:06 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

No reads, I was busy watching Phil Laak exercise.

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (15 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(7 players) </font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, SB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds.

Now the moment of truth, does anybody raise here?

Turn: (10 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, SB calls, UTG folds.

River: (14 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 20 BB, between UTG+1, Hero and SB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (20 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Ac Jc (two pair, aces and fours).
UTG+1 shows Th Tc (two pair, tens and fours).
Hero shows 7s 7c (full house, sevens full of fours).
Outcome: Hero wins 20 BB. </font>

chief444
06-03-2004, 07:56 AM
I like a turn raise better than slowplaying until the river.

ZootMurph
06-03-2004, 08:26 AM
Ray Bourque - 77 - I get it... of course, I would say Paul Coffee... but I'm not from Boston /images/graemlins/smile.gif

My favorite type of hand. I raise on the flop IF the pair is bigger than my set... so if the flop had been 7TT, I'd raise. If someone has a ten, you want them to pay to hit their bigger full house. In this case, if someone has a 4 you WANT them to hit their full house. Also nice would be a 56 drawing to a straight /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'd have raised the turn and the river.

cardcounter0
06-03-2004, 09:50 AM
raise the turn.

Rico Suave
06-03-2004, 09:53 AM
Sublime:

The flop flat call is ok by me.....but I think you should have raised the turn.

--Rico

Raiser
06-03-2004, 09:59 AM
Phil Laak has to be on speed, doesn't he???

Anyway, I like the flop, but think you should've raised the turn. You are likely to get at least 1 cold caller at .5/1 Party which makes raising better than going for overcalls.

afk
06-03-2004, 10:33 AM
I'll usually raise the turn here. Mainly becuase I want to make it expensive for anyone hoping to see the river - and then if they get a card they need on the river, the pot is huge and they aren't going away.

Raiser
06-03-2004, 10:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll usually raise the turn here. Mainly becuase I want to make it expensive for anyone hoping to see the river - and then if they get a card they need on the river, the pot is huge and they aren't going away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey afk,

My interepretation of your statement is that you would raise the turn because you want people to fold. I hope I misunderstood what you are saying.

Hero has a freaking huge hand here that stands almost no chance of being caught from behind. The only question here is: Will calling or raising get more money in the pot in the end. I say raise because I believe someone will call 2 cold on the turn.

afk
06-03-2004, 10:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey afk,

My interepretation of your statement is that you would raise the turn because you want people to fold. I hope I misunderstood what you are saying.

Hero has a freaking huge hand here that stands almost no chance of being caught from behind. The only question here is: Will calling or raising get more money in the pot in the end. I say raise because I believe someone will call 2 cold on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I agree completely - I guess I didn't word it properly. I want them to stick around and with a paired board and a king out there I'm hoping that someone has a piece of it, so I raise the turn because they are not going away and I can get more money in. The ace on the river is a good card too, since it likely improves someone's hand and puts more money in the pot.

StellarWind
06-03-2004, 10:51 AM
Raise the turn. You already have one caller trapped. SB and UTG are not likely to both call exactly one bet.

sublime
06-03-2004, 10:58 AM

Yeah, I should have raised the turn here. I got foolish/greedy thinking that both players left to act would call one bet and that one of the two wouldnt cold call two bets.

AFK- I had no fear of being out drawn. This is a pure "maximize" my winnings situation.

afk
06-03-2004, 11:15 AM
Oh, I wasn't trying to imply being worried about beind outdrawn, I wouldn't be with that hand either. On the turn, anybody with a decent piece is usually going to want to see the river and I'm really hoping that the river card is going to help them, because they're most likely drawing dead anyways. it's all about maximizin' tha bling /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Sloats
06-03-2004, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ray Bourque - 77 - I get it... of course, I would say Paul Coffee... but I'm not from Boston /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Coffee or Turgeon. Bourque started off wearing 7.

DoctorDrew
06-03-2004, 11:44 AM
I would say Chris Gratton. Go Bolts!

ZootMurph
06-03-2004, 12:10 PM
Chris Gratton - former Flyer and a waste of a $5M signing bonus... Nah /images/graemlins/smile.gif

And although the Bolts beat us even though we outplayed them the whole series, I really like that team because they have talent, tenacity, and good work ethic (and several former Flyers). And the fact that they don't play the trapping style game popular today is nice, too.

But, back on topic... The key, again, to this hand is the size of the pair on board relative to your set. A bigger pair could mean someone has trips and MANY outs to flop a larger full house. This would mean a MUCH more aggressive approach is needed. However, the non-threatening fours on the board give anyone with a 4 ONE out...nice. So give them all a little rope on the flop.

B Dids
06-03-2004, 03:43 PM
Vladimir Radmanovich.

Raise the turn.

sublime
06-03-2004, 03:47 PM
Coffee or Turgeon. Bourque started off wearing 7.

Ahhh I still remember the game when he ripped off #7 to expose #77. Those were the days...... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sublime
06-03-2004, 03:50 PM
But, back on topic... The key, again, to this hand is the size of the pair on board relative to your set. A bigger pair could mean someone has trips and MANY outs to flop a larger full house. This would mean a MUCH more aggressive approach is needed. However, the non-threatening fours on the board give anyone with a 4 ONE out...nice. So give them all a little rope on the flop.

I would still call the flop bet if it was AA7. Raising in fear of being outdrawn here is weak/tight. Also if I had a read on the two callers to my left (will call 1 bet to river) I would have called the turn bet no problem, as it was I didnt, and questioned my play against unknowns.

Sloats
06-03-2004, 05:15 PM
Gratton, the epitmoe of the "small players must prove that they can actually paly, big players must prove they can't."

DoctorDrew
06-03-2004, 05:20 PM
Absolutely. The 4th pick of that draft (Daigle, Pronger, Gratton) was Kariya. Brilliant Esposito move.

Shalara
06-03-2004, 05:30 PM
Yikes. I would 3-bet the flop, yes. It occurs to me that that might not be the best play though. Probably better to call like you did and keep people in.

I'd raise the turn though. Kind of like to know if he has KK or AK, and if he has KK, I would expect to have heard from him on the flop. Maybe. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

And the end result has me blinking in amazement...

nice hand

sublime
06-03-2004, 05:34 PM
Yikes. I would 3-bet the flop, yes. It occurs to me that that might not be the best play though. Probably better to call like you did and keep people in.

Nahhhh calling is way better, why knock out "willing to pay" players.

Turn i should i have raised, just remember even that is is not automatic.