PDA

View Full Version : AJo good play?

imitation
06-03-2004, 05:30 AM
I think I played this hand well, but i'd like some feedback.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG posts a blind of $0.05.
UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, Hero calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(7 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 15.50 BB, between UTG+1 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (15.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG+1 shows Jd 5s (one pair, jacks).
Hero shows Ad Jh (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 15.50 BB. </font>

On the PF I called because I figured with that many calls it was a decent pot. When the J turned up I felt confident that I had the highest hand with the A kicker. The UTG+1 was a bit of a LAG but I picked him for the Jx when he bet the flop and not more when he didn't 3bet. Should I have raised the turn? I think my river play was ok, I didn't want to cap incase he turned out to be some maniac with 58o which seems to happen at these limits.

Chris Daddy Cool
06-03-2004, 05:44 AM
Preflop I think you have a raise here. Buy the button (albiet he folded anyways) and try to knock out the blinds and limit the field somewhat, not to mention you probably have the best hand, preflop equity, take control of the hand, yada yada yada.

I typically raise the turn and if I'm not 3bet, feel confident I'm ahead. If he bets into me again on the river when a blank falls off I'd raise again and call a 3bet. However, if you feel your opponent will call a turn raise, but fold to a river bet, the way you played is fine too, espcially since a lot of people will call one extra river bet when raised (in this case even 3-bet with a worser hand /images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

chris

T0asty
06-03-2004, 10:08 AM
I agree a pf raise would be better in the long run. I'd play the river the same way as if he was a LAG its amazing how many times they show you Jx for two pair. It's more read dependant, if he you have seen him in this betting patern before with 1 pair, you could let him 3 bet the river too.

Xiphoid
06-03-2004, 10:48 AM
PF: Raise
Flop: Fine
Turn: Most likely raise. How did this 7 help him? Maybe give him a gut draw? If he's a solid player, I might be thinking two-pair (much less likely had I raised PF), but I'd probably still raise.
River: Assuming you raised on the turn, I doubt he would try this again on the river, but if he does, I'd probably just call to be safe.

Behavior like this is definitely something you want to keep track of in your notes of that player.