PDA

View Full Version : Value bet river?

RED_RAIN
06-03-2004, 04:17 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: (2 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, SB folds, BB calls.

River: (4 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 4 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 4 BB, between BB and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (4 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows 3c 6s (two pair, sixes and twos).
Hero shows 7d Ad (two pair, sevens and twos).
Outcome: Hero wins 4 BB. </font>

Not sure if it's better to just check river or because I have position should I bet here?

imitation
06-03-2004, 05:33 AM
Can you explain why you call PF here, I'm new but I thought calling with Axo was pretty rare.

RED_RAIN
06-03-2004, 06:01 AM
This table had usually 5-6 players to the flop without a raise. I usually do A9s and A8s here but dropped it to A7s because of the amount of limpers and not a real fear of a raise. Please pay careful note that it's A7s and not A7o which I would not call UTG.

imitation
06-03-2004, 06:02 AM
oops ofcourse I misread that first time through as Ad 7h that makes more sense now, thanks.

MrG
06-03-2004, 06:59 AM
I would bet the river. Is this a guy who would really chase a back door st8 then set you up for a check raise on the river? How about smooth call a set of 2's? At this game,I doubt it. If the river helped him he would come out betting. Bet your hand. -MrG

flexus
06-03-2004, 11:50 AM
definitly bet the river

ZManODS
06-03-2004, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can you explain why you call PF here, I'm new but I thought calling with Axo was pretty rare.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well considering this is party poker .50/1 i dont see anything wrong with calling this preflop. Usually there is more than enough people coming in to make this call profitable (aka high implied odds).

As long as you dont get into trouble its an OK call. What i mean get into trouble is, If you flop an ace with no flush draw be wary to call someone all the way down.

dfscott
06-03-2004, 02:50 PM
I wouldn't bet this river. If he missed with an overcard or straight draw, he'll fold and you gain nothing. If he was on a straight draw, with 45 or 9T, or doing something crazy like slowplaying a big pair or set of dueces, you'll get check-raised or at least called and lose an extra BB. Because of the paired dueces, the only way you win by betting is if he has a 6 and thinks it's good.