PDA

View Full Version : .5/1, QQ, different line please

dmk
06-03-2004, 03:57 AM
Anyone have a better way to play this hand?

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 8.75 BB, won by UTG+1.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 1 BB, overbet by UTG+1.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. UTG+1 wins 9.75 BB. </font>

SnakeRat
06-03-2004, 11:13 AM
i would check-fold the the turn when the ace hits.

afk
06-03-2004, 11:20 AM
Warning: I don't know a whole lot about heads up play.

First off - Stars $.5/1 is a relatively tight game. What hands would your opponent cold call and UTG raise with when he's in UTG+1?

I might have checkraised the flop here instead. I don't like the check-raise when the ace hits. Whatever he's cold-calling you with preflop, there's a decent chance one of his cards is an ace or king. Still, I probably would have bet the turn and folded to a raise.

ZootMurph
06-03-2004, 11:25 AM
Because of your position, it makes it a more difficult hand. Raising UTG means more probability of top hands and less junk hands out there. When the King hits and you are raised, it becomes a check/call fest for me. The ace just makes matters worse... I might actually check/fold there.

The only line I can think of instead of check/call or check/fold the turn is to bet out/fold to a raise on the turn... it will cost you one big bet on the turn instead of 2 for the check/raise/fold play.

Looking at it... I'd check/call down because I'd want to know what he coldcalled my preflop raise with.

Ralph Wiggum
06-03-2004, 11:47 AM
Stars is a tighter game than some of the other sites. W/ an A &amp; K on the board, you're probably beat. Possible line of play:
PF - Raise
Flop - Bet/Call
Turn - Bet/Fold
River - Check/Fold (assuming no Q)