PDA

View Full Version : party poker

HokieHustler
06-03-2004, 01:55 AM
ok i mainly play 200+15's on party poker and just felt like posting some observations and wondering if anyone else had similar ones...one thing may be true of live poker too but the swings I get in the tourneys seem almost too predictable at times.. it is almost like I'm in a "win mode" or "lose mode" and I can predict either how I am going to win or lose the hand. for example now I went out 3 times with AK all in preflop to AQ, A6, and AJ...etc etc.. just getting frustrated....

HokieHustler
06-03-2004, 02:08 AM
let me add just got knockedo ut of multi w/ AQ to AJ
and then QQ losing to 66.. i swear somethin aint right

Jsb
06-03-2004, 03:11 AM
just to give you fair warning, threads whose sole intent seems to be 'bad beat stories' are not really treated kindly in this forum, as i've witnessed

HokieHustler
06-03-2004, 03:40 AM
I am new to the forum so sorry about ranting ....forget about my previous post ... as far as those that play solely single table tournaments.. what kind of records do you keep of your play and do you consistently play at same limit or vary? Thanks

ipp147
06-03-2004, 05:29 AM
Hi Hokie,

I'm quite new here too but this forum seems more about education and enrichment than bad beats and whining (go to recpoker.com for that!)

I play mainly single table SNG's at slightly lower limits. A couple of things,

For tracking I would say that pokertracker is an absolute must - keeps a record of entries, finishes, all of your hands etc. Really allows youo tighten up your game.

I play at the same limits moving up when my bankroll allows.

If you tilt after a badbeat then maybe go down to a $10+1 and get it out your system with a "fun" game rather than straight back into another $200.

Also have you tried pokerstars. You start with more chips so it seems to be less of a crapshoot than party - just my observation

Joboo
06-03-2004, 05:44 AM
This is wildly off topic, but do you go to Virginia Tech HokieHustler? I go there currently, and I just read today that the esteemed Mason Malmuth is a 1975 graduate in Mathematics.

HokieHustler
06-03-2004, 03:03 PM
yeah i do go to virginia tech and that's cool if malmuth really is a VT alum.

HokieHustler
06-03-2004, 05:08 PM
wow this is perfect.. not sure why i haven't searched before.. thanks for recomendation