PDA

View Full Version : Possible 2+2 WCOOP Qualifier

TheGrifter
06-03-2004, 12:41 AM
Hey everyone,

I was wondering what the interest level was in playing a multi table tournament with a winner take all prize to be used exclusively for WCOOP entries. Depending on the buy in and number of participants we could send the winner to one of the preliminary events or the main event.

Stars sets up private tournies and if we could get 50 people to play at 15 bucks each then that would generate 750 dollars to play in events. The winner would agree to provide a trip report after the tournament. If we run a few of these then the TOONS are sure to be well represented in the tournaments.

dmk
06-03-2004, 12:53 AM
I'd rather have a better chance at winning a seat vs the normal weakies /images/graemlins/wink.gif Novel idea, but I don't think many people would enjoy competing against good players when they could just as easily play against the bad ones. I'll wait till the main events to play against you guys /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

TheGrifter
06-03-2004, 01:15 AM
To me it wouldn't really be about the money. It would only cost 30 bucks or so to enter if we could get a bunch of people. The fun thing would be the fact that somebody would HAVE to win and would have a cheering section for the WCOOP. I dunno, just a thought.

DOTTT
06-03-2004, 01:38 AM
I'll make a donation.

Sundevils21
06-03-2004, 01:55 AM
Sounds cool, I'm in if the buy in is less than 20bucks or so. Obviously, it would be just for fun and for bragging rights(why else would we play against each other). Does it have to be a winner take all tourny though? can't we spread it out to 5 or so places and just recieve tournament bucks or whatever?

salty
06-03-2004, 08:04 AM
Great idea Im in depending on the time of night its played at.....me in Europe /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Stoneii
06-03-2004, 08:20 AM
Hi Grifter

Or you could have the winner goes to higher buy-in event and runner-up to a cheaper event, of course depending on numbers entered.

But the winner is going to feel they've already won the bleedin' WCOOP getting through a 2+2 field /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

If buy-in is cheap then I'll certainly donate for the fun/experience/lessons but if expensive I'm saving to a satellite I might get a run for my money /images/graemlins/wink.gif

stoneii

salty
06-03-2004, 08:24 AM
The answer to this should be simple,its a great idea so lets all say yes get good numbers together,arrange a list here and a time that suits the majority and go for it.

Stoneii
06-03-2004, 08:39 AM
I'd suggest starting with Tim_Perkin or DrPhysic or Al Capones or Mike's list of entrants to previous 2+2 events and see what numbers come out when everyone has been PM'ed.

Cheers

stoneii

TheGrifter
06-03-2004, 08:46 AM
Okay, since there seems to be some interest. Why doesn't everyone put down a time that is good for them, and indicate interest. And I can talk to stars about setting it up far enough in the future so that we can get players.

soxfan70
06-03-2004, 09:38 AM
I'd be in, and most weeknights at 8 pm (Eastern Time) are ok for me, but to play with all you guys, I'll take a day off of work if daytime works better for everyone!

SmittyTheKid
06-03-2004, 11:41 AM
Hey everyone I'm new here and would love to do that. I'm going to enter at least one event in the WCOOP anyway so this would be a fun warmup.

Also....Do you think anyone would want to have a MTT for a seat at the Borgata Poker Open? Just throwing it out there.

Thanks,
Rob S.

TheGrifter
06-03-2004, 12:43 PM
Hey smitty..welcome to the board...

I'm going to leave this thread up for awhile longer to see if there are more responses before trying to figure out a time that would be good. Maybe if this works out we could make it a regular thing to get qualifiers to tournaments. At the very least whoever wins it is on a roll after fighting through a sea of 2+2'ers.

SmittyTheKid
06-03-2004, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the welcome.....I'm really glad I found this site. It's hard for me to find poker sites at work that aren't blocked by a firewall. I've been learning a lot of strategy on here. Played a 2 table SNG at Stars last night and won it. For some reason I feel more confident with my game after reading through all the bad beat stories.

Thanks again,
Rob S.

dmk
06-03-2004, 02:09 PM
If it does go, I'll donate by joining up. At the very least, I suppose it would be a good warmup for the main event /images/graemlins/wink.gif

DOTTT
06-03-2004, 02:34 PM
Since were throwing out a date, how about next sunday at 1pm eastern time?

TheGrifter
06-03-2004, 02:57 PM
Sunday the 12th sounds good. Early afternoon will work to accomodate Europeans and N. Americans.

Ship it.

DOTTT
06-03-2004, 03:00 PM
I've made a post in the one table and internet forum. Hopefully, that will attract some attention.

soxfan70
06-03-2004, 03:28 PM
Is the plan to do this at Stars? I only play at UB, and wil lhave to open an account there. If Anyone needs referral bonuses, let me know, and I'll wait for your link to sign up!

DOTTT
06-03-2004, 03:32 PM
Yes the event will be held on Stars. It's a good time to sign up, they're offering a 25% bonus on all deposits.

n1stunnor
06-03-2004, 03:41 PM
I'm game..available pretty much 24/7.

McMelchior
06-03-2004, 03:45 PM
Would love to participate, but Sunday June 12 is out of the question for me.

Sunday afternoons in general sounds like a good idea - allowing basically all but far East & Down Under to join in - but why don't we push it a week or two? There's plenty of time before the WCOOP starts, and more 2 + 2 players migh have a chance to add the event to their schedule?

Best,

McMelchior (Johan)

DOTTT
06-03-2004, 03:50 PM
How about Sunday June 13. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I don't have a problem with pushing it a week or two, so long as we can agree on the time.

TheGrifter
06-03-2004, 04:17 PM
Makes no difference to me. June 20th might give everyone more time. I'm waiting to hear from the stars private tourney people, so I'll put that in as the tentative date.

UMTerp
06-03-2004, 04:42 PM
June 20th is Father's Day, so many people many have other plans the day. I'd play if the date works for me. I can't do the 13th or 20th, but most Sundays in July work. You're obviously not going to please everyone with the date though.

Heck, you could try to run three of them - June 13th, June 27th, and July 11th or something (skipping Father's Day and the 4th of July). Even if we don't get to $2,500 each time for the main event, I'd think the winner would get at least enough for one of the $1,000 events, and any leftover cash could be split among the rest of the final table.

salty
06-03-2004, 09:01 PM
Perfect day to play it,daddy gets to do what he wants day.

Stoneii
06-04-2004, 08:09 AM
I'd play a satellite for one of the smaller WCOOP events - simply because on the off chance the deck runs over me and I win it, I'm away on holidays from 4th August and would miss the big one /images/graemlins/frown.gif

If there are ones for events played up to 4th then I'm in and Sundays sound about perfect

stoneii