PDA

View Full Version : Ok, wtf is up?

siccjay
06-03-2004, 12:18 AM
I'm starting to get that bad internet poker feeling again. Why is it when you run bad you really really run bad. This hand is outragious but it only makes it worse is that the last 3 sessions have been filled with 2 outers. And then of course this one.

Someone just give me a hug please.....I don't even know why I made this post. I guess just in la la land after recieving the worst beat I've ever seen in my entire life.

All I play is internet poker. Just someone who plays live tell me that things like this happen.....reassure me....

What can I do?

There is no betting on the river because the guy disconnected for some reason....at least he saved me 4 bucks right?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Sicc is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Sicc raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (5 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Sicc bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Sicc calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Sicc checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Sicc raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Sicc caps</font>, UTG calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 12.50 BB, between UTG and Sicc.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG (12.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG shows 8c 5c (four of a kind, fives).
Sicc shows As Ah (full house, aces full of fives).
Outcome: UTG wins 12.50 BB. </font>

bisonbison
06-03-2004, 12:20 AM
Other than his preflop call, I think he played it alright.

siccjay
06-03-2004, 12:23 AM
HAHA yea, that was pretty much my read, he was way loose but actually pretty decent post-flop which is rare I guess.

I'm about to cash all my money out of Party. Even after this hand I'm still gettin crushed, just lost KK to 98o.

The fish are winning dammit

bisonbison
06-03-2004, 12:26 AM
Snap out of it dude. Snap out. Move to a site with limits that won't bother you.

It happens live, it happens online, it happens anytime cards are arranged in a semi-fantabulous order and dealt out to mammals with opposable thumbs.

The pain is disappointment. The fact of the matter remains: You played this hand perfectly (assuming he's not the type to raise the flop and check the turn through on a flush draw).

siccjay
06-03-2004, 12:28 AM
I can't I'm crying let me be!

Nah I'm alright, I guess it had to happen eventually right. This is actually the 2nd 1 outer of my life.

Damn that means this hand is stuck in my poker tracker forever. How will I sleep at night?

brewmeister6
06-03-2004, 12:32 AM
I'm playing at pokerstars, and I feel like I'm losing a lot of pots the same way. Can someone suggest sites I could go to where the action is decent, and people won't call a pre-flop raise with a 7 2 off suite? Should I just move to higher ( 1/2, 2/4) limits?

Shalara
06-03-2004, 12:35 AM
*hugs*

Ouch! That was a really bad beat. I think being repeatedly mowed down by 2-outers would bring anybody down.

I play live too. It happens. A lot, actually. A few weeks ago I had AQo. I cap it with a maniac. Flop comes AAx. Rainbow. I cap it with Nutboy again. (he check-raised me on the flop, too) I know he doesn't have squat... either a junk ace, or he's drawing. He gets all, I don't know, squirmy-ish, and keeps staring down at the board like he's waiting. He always does this when he has nothing. Turn x. He checks. I bet. He calls. River brings a 4. He bets, and he sits up and grins. I know he's got me, but damn what a pot. I put in my 5 bucks. I ask, "you got the 4?" He says "yeah", grins, and does he have A4? Hell no! He has 44. I couldn't even choke out, "nice" or anything, heh, I was too busy scooping my jaw up off the floor.

Bright and sunny side: I busted him out of chips by the end of the night, and it was an exceedingly pleasurable turn-around. (I love isolating them maniacs!)

It will turn around. You strike me as pretty solid. They will pay you back in spades /images/graemlins/wink.gif

siccjay
06-03-2004, 12:35 AM
Actually, this hand won't go in Poker Tracker....is it because of the disconnect at the river???? Anyone know???

Surfbullet
06-03-2004, 02:46 AM
Chin up, you'll make it through. Sux to see this type of stuff happen though - getting aces cracked is tough enough to deal with without it being in such exemplary fashion.

I agree with bison though - If the size of the swings is hurting you emotionally check out pokerroom or a site where you can play .25/.50 and become accustomed to the tough times without the hit to your wallet.

Dan

siccjay
06-03-2004, 02:51 AM
Nah im alrght, I'm still well over my bankroll for .50/1 and 1/2 even. I wouldn't be able to handle the swings at ANY limit. It's just my nature....

bisonbison
06-03-2004, 03:03 AM
Dude, you want them to call preflop raises with 72o. Until you understand that, do not move up.

Do not move up.