PDA

View Full Version : Ax verse AK im P.O'D

09-06-2001, 09:27 PM
OK here is the deal I've been playing poker long enough to understand and comprehend a lot ,, I may not be a genuis,,< see i dont't know if thats correct.> Im sitting 20/40 at my favorite table,with some rather good players! what I know about these guys is this im sitting in the 3 seat,, and to my left is a rock , next to him is a maniac, and all the way to the dealer are good players. the one seat is a fish he's droped at least a dime sense I sat down ,,calls all and plays all,, Ok so tonight is ganna be a good night as things look rather loose at this table,, Im playing rather tight . call me what you will but still to this day I have a hard time playing KQo in early position,, heres the hands to follow IM on the button,,AKh two limpers in middle and 1 seat raises,, I reraise sb and bb call 3 bets,, so do limpers we see the flop 6 handed A 3 9 rainbow sb checks, BB bets one limper calls the one seat raises,, Im pondering reraise? I call sb folds and BB calls limper 3 bets it???? 1 seat caps we are 4 handed in a huge pot, Turn 8s NO flush possible.. Bb bets limper raises 1 seat reraises and I muck,, bb and limper call,, river 4h bb bets limper calls 1 seat calls BB A Q o limper K 9 o 1 seat Q 9s comments

09-06-2001, 09:44 PM
Perhaps if you showed more aggression on the flop you'd have been allowed to see the hand's completion for a reasonable amount. Then again, maybe not. You have to adjust for maniacal play.

09-06-2001, 10:42 PM
"...but still to this day I have a hard time playing KQo in early position". Good for you. I cannot remember that last time I won with KQo in early position.

[Scenario 1: This is the first hand you've seen go balistic] Your hand is well worth 3-bets on the flop but maybe you should flat call figuring to raise the turn. Yikes, give it up on the turn. Well played.

Be sure to go on bewildered tilt once you saw their hands. Wonder if they have really been playing like this all night and you just haven't noticed. In your stunned stuper, post on 2+2 not knowing what you are looking for (but knowing it will not be sympathy).

[Scenario 2: They have been raising like this all night] Don't get involved unless you can take the heat and go to the river. Usually wait until the turn before you EVER assert yourself. Consider these games a straight $80 game with no checking nor raising allowed, and blinds are a paltry 10-20 (that is, its $80 or fold for each betting round).

[Scenario 3: you saw "big pots" and figured "loose" and concluded "easy", even though you saw only 2 players you could beat]. Play lower stakes.

- Louie

09-07-2001, 03:12 PM
AceJ:

The BB played it well and obviously read the maniac in seat 1 perfectly. You had the best hand in the best position and failed to announce to the players on the flop by a 3 bet that you have the best hand. BB seems like a good player and if you 3 bet the flop he will stop betting right there. The fish in seat 1 may still make a play but why should you be concerned when all the other reasonable players will now cooperate because they mark you with a good hand because of your pre-flop 3 bet and flop 3 bet.

A few comments about this type of game. This is not a loose game but a wild game if this type of action occurs frequently. They are, IMO, the worst games to play in. I know there is literture which describes how to play in these games and that is to play nut hands. One pair type of hands will frequently get run down because of all the $$ in the pot. Big swings with big pots to not make a good game.

Good Luck, Dale Duguid