PDA

View Full Version : Heads-up Strategy

ScubaDuff
06-02-2004, 05:43 PM
After reading the 'I can now berate Players on Party' post I found myself wondering, what are the different strategies for heads up play? I am fairly new to the online world, but very familiar with Hold 'em itself. I play NL ring games and always thought a heads up SNG would be a nice way to win some money. If you have a good NL SNG strategy I can imagine it is very profitable. Please post your thoughts on 'Heads Up Play' and how you should go about these types of games. Thx -.-v /images/graemlins/confused.gif

gonores
06-02-2004, 07:43 PM
There is no set strategy to play heads up. It's all about figuring out what your opponent's weaknesses are, then taking advantage of it. For instance, I just played a dude like an hour ago...he didn't value bet enough and he limped too often instead of raising preflop. I semi-bluffed at will, added a decent amount of straight bluffs, and folded my SB a lot since I knew there was a good chance I'd be playing the next hand for free, with position, from the BB (Party's blinds are screwed up in HU play).

Anywho...short answer: it depends.