PDA

View Full Version : Was this collusion?

MastiffPaul
06-02-2004, 05:07 PM
Summary: one of the players who folds early says "DAMMIT" when the third 5 shows up on the river, leading me to believe that he had the fourth 5. Since I had a reasonably strong full house at this point, I decided aggression was the right choice. As it turns out, SB has the 5.

Whether or not this could be collusion, how does one handle the situation when possibly faulty information appears in chat?

Party Poker Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind t15 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t860)
BB (t785)
UTG (t700)
UTG+1 (t725)
UTG+2 (t665)
MP1 (t915)
Mastiff (t935)
MP3 (t1275)
CO (t530)
Button (t610)

Preflop: Mastiff is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, Mastiff calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB, t75) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Mastiff bets</font>, MP3 calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (5 BB, t150) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, Mastiff checks, MP3 checks.

River: (5 BB, t150) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Mastiff 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls, Mastiff calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB (t510)
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 17 BB (t510), between SB, BB and Mastiff.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by SB (17 BB (t510)).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Qs 5s (four of a kind, fives).
BB shows 4c 9c (full house, fives full of nines).
Mastiff shows Ts 9s (full house, fives full of nines).
Outcome: SB wins 17 BB (t510). </font>

CountDuckula
06-02-2004, 05:16 PM
Well, the "DAMMIT" might have actually meant, "I had a 9 for a great full house, and I'm too fishy to realize that quads or pocket 9s would have beaten me anyway." It could have been misdirection on the part of a friend of the SB, intended to trap opponents into overconfidence. But it is Party, after all....

I tend to ignore chat about the hands. There's plenty of motivation to lie, and little to tell the truth.

-Mike

wayabvpar
06-02-2004, 05:16 PM
More likely he had a pair of some sort, and was annoyed, thinking his full house would be good.

NotMitch
06-02-2004, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Summary: one of the players who folds early says "DAMMIT" when the third 5 shows up on the river, leading me to believe that he had the fourth 5. Since I had a reasonably strong full house at this point, I decided aggression was the right choice. As it turns out, SB has the 5.

Whether or not this could be collusion, how does one handle the situation when possibly faulty information appears in chat?

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't likely to be collusion and I generally ignore the chat at all times.