PDA

View Full Version : What to do when your BB garbage hand hits?

lowroller
06-02-2004, 04:38 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (9.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 12.75 BB, between MP2, Button and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (12.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 3c Ts (two pair, tens and threes).
MP2 shows Qd Tc (one pair, tens).
Button shows Ad 7s (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 12.75 BB. </font>

Is CR the turn here a good idea here? I had every intention of doing it, but feared the turn Ace may have given the Ax 2 pair.

charlie_t_jr
06-02-2004, 04:49 PM
I like the flop 3-bet.

C/R the turn? I'm not sure. I would bet out on the turn, if he raises, it might clear out the button, then check call river.

siccjay
06-02-2004, 05:09 PM
I like the 3 bet on the flop as well, but thinking someone with Ax just caught two pair is seeing monsters under the bed. You have to bet out again, (YOU JUST 3 BET!) and as the other guy said, if he raises you again call it down.

sublime
06-02-2004, 05:19 PM
Yo-

Is CR the turn here a good idea here? I had every intention of doing it, but feared the turn Ace may have given the Ax 2 pair.

You put the last bet in on the flop, so bet out on the turn.

Moozh
06-02-2004, 05:24 PM
A lot of people playing micro-limits aren't smart enough to realize you're playing out of the big blind for free. Once, when my friend hit a Big Blind Special, another player started berating/table-coaching him after the hand, calling him a fish for playing those cards. With that in mind, I think you should be playing any BB Special strong. Not only are you likely ahead with a hand your opponents won't give you credit for, you are also likely up against overcards or other hands that have outs to beat you.

For your hand, bet that turn!

Rico Suave
06-02-2004, 06:18 PM
lowroller:

I play these types of hands fast and straight forward. The bet / 3-bet on the flop is good. I would just lead on the turn. No need to get fancy on this one.

--Rico

MicroBob
06-02-2004, 09:23 PM
actually...i would think that the appearance of the ace would be reason to NOT C/R and instead play it faster and just bet out.

but i would bet out with this either way because of the action on the flop. a check just doesn't look right after you were so aggressive on the previous round.