PDA

View Full Version : MOODY POKER

09-06-2001, 10:22 AM
I PLAYED ON THE NET THE OTHER DAY AND I NOTICED A PLAYER THAT WAS RAISING AND RERAISING ALL BETS. EVERY POT WAS CAPPED ON EVERY STREET. DIDN'T TAKE ME LONG TO GET INVOLVED - THE 3RD HAND THEY DEALT ME A PAIR OF 10s AND IT WAS RAISED TO ME. I RERAISED AND THE ACTION PLAYER CAPPED IT OFF IN SB. THREE PLAYERS - Ks-Kd-9h. BET, CALL, I RAISED, "ACTION" RERAISED,CALL, I CAPPED. Kc - BET, CALL, I RAISED, "ACTION" RERAISED, FOLD, I CAPPED. 10h - "ACTION" BET, I RAISED, "ACTION" CALLED. MY CARDS GOT TURNED OVER, BUT THE "ACTION" WOULDN'T DO ANYTHING. FINALLY HE SHOWED ... 5h-3h. I HAVE PLAYED IN A GAME WITH THAT SAME PLAYER ONCE BEFORE AND THE GUY NEVER PLAYED A HAND. I REMEMBER THINKING:"WHAT A TIGHT ASS!" SO, WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK? COULD IT BE THAT THERE ARE TWO ROOMMATES SHARING AN ACCOUNT THAT HAVE THE OPPOSITE STYLES. OR COULD IT BE THAT AN ANGRY EX-GIRLFRIEND GOT A HOLD OF THE DESKTOP AND DECIDED TO THROW A PARTY. OR MAYBE IT IS THE SAME PERSON THAT GETS DRUNK OR UPSET AND IT REFLECTS ON HIS GAME.

09-06-2001, 01:13 PM
Not only was every pot capped but every word in the post was also CAPPED.

All or any of your explanations seem likely. I generally fold on the turn with 5h-3h when the board is Ks-Kd-9h-Kc against a bet and a raise. I'll leave it for others to elaborate.

09-06-2001, 04:43 PM
I generally fold on the turn with 5h-3h when the board is Ks-Kd-9h-Kc against a bet and a raise.

The hell you say. What about when the bettor has queen high and the raiser has ace high? Why not reraise and take it right there? If you routinely fold here your opponents will take shots at you later.

09-06-2001, 04:48 PM
"I HAVE PLAYED IN A GAME WITH THAT SAME PLAYER ONCE BEFORE AND THE GUY NEVER PLAYED A HAND. I REMEMBER THINKING:"WHAT A TIGHT ASS!" SO, WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK? COULD IT BE THAT THERE ARE TWO ROOMMATES SHARING . . . "

I fully expected the next word to be "brain."

"... AN ACCOUNT THAT HAVE THE OPPOSITE STYLES"

I'm not one to fuss over topics and such, but isn't there an online-poker forum nearby? How come so many online hands show up in the medium stakes forum?

Tommy

09-06-2001, 05:02 PM
"How come so many online hands show up in the medium stakes forum?"

Because I never saw a Tommy Angelo, Rick Nebiolo, Jim Brier, Any Fox, and so on and so on post on the internet forum. The internet forum is mainly consumed with posts about how much Paradise is rigged, and oh...I almost forgot the mud throwing. I dont think there are too much vital differences about how a hand is played online as opposed to live.

Regards

09-06-2001, 05:26 PM
"The internet forum is mainly consumed with posts about how much Paradise is rigged, and oh...I almost forgot the mud throwing."

Hey, no biggie. I didn't know. And it isn't like we're going to run out of space or anything.

I started at Paradise soon after they opened, long before $20-40 showed up. I did so well for so long that I figured on spending the rest of my income-endeavored-hours in my underwear reading novels and magazines while I casually clipped faceless bleeps for a coule K per week.

Of course it wasn't rigged! lol

Then $20-40 showed up and I got my clock cleaned and quit, and went back, and quit, and went back, and quit, and finally uninstalled the whole mess. Ouch. I still don't think it's rigged. I just think it's rugged.

Tommy

09-06-2001, 05:34 PM
Wow...and I was thinking you would be one of the last players to play online!

"I did so well for so long that I figured on spending the rest of my income-endeavored-hours in my underwear reading novels and magazines while I casually clipped faceless bleeps for a coule K per week. "

LOL! Absolutely true...are there more beautifull things than to wake up, take a shower, get a cup of tea, and grind out those beautifull games? Yeah...till you start your losing streak.

Regards

BTW what was your name on Paradise or dont you want to tell that?

09-06-2001, 06:07 PM
I've been on other sites concerning other topics (rotisserie baseball, chess, sci-fi, etc.) and I'd advise the people running this site not to let too many POSTS LIKE THIS to stay on the site.

It only takes a few nuts to start posting topics like:

"I like to raise with 72o and your mama......."

and

"Other things I like to do with Queens"

The twoplustwo forum could easily degenerate into a riduculous place if their isn't some authority preventing ridiculous topics like MOODY POKER.

09-06-2001, 06:48 PM
I generally fold on the turn with 5h-3h when the board is Ks-Kd-9h-Kc against a bet and a raise.

The hell you say. What about when the bettor has queen high and the raiser has ace high? Why not reraise and take it right there? If you routinely fold here your opponents will take shots at you later

Nice laydown Andy! Uston is forgetting about the nine out there that will just throw your bluff back in your face! :)

09-06-2001, 11:10 PM
>>SO, WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?<<

I think you should post under your own name and not Lenny's.