PDA

View Full Version : attn rick nebiolo: stop calling me!

snakehead
06-02-2004, 03:22 PM
this has been going on for a long time, and I have kept quiet about it. several times a month, rick calls me and doesn't say anything. I am subjected to the background noise of whatever he is doing(sorry hero). but this is the final straw:

on my last day in the wsop, he calls again, and again just makes unrecognizable noises in the background. after I listen for a while and hang up, he calls back again. fossilman was sitting right next to me, and he can confirm this as I showed him the caller id on my phone. we both listened for a while and concluded rick needs more fiber in his diet.

but enough is enough. don't call me unless you are going to talk!

mike l.
06-02-2004, 04:21 PM
rick you can call me instead any time. the background noise of your life is more interesting than anything anybody has to say to me anyway. you have my undivided attention.

Sponger15SB
06-02-2004, 05:07 PM
snakehead is your real name aaron a. aaronson? if so he probably sits on his phone and dials your # first because its the first name in his book.

CrackerZack
06-02-2004, 05:31 PM
Apparently Rick has no friends with names beginning with A. Or he has you in there as 3-bet brett which would be tough to top.

John Cole
06-02-2004, 07:27 PM
Both you and Fossilman listened to background noise for awhile and decided someone else needs a fiber rich diet! C'mon now, who needs more fiber?

andyfox
06-02-2004, 08:24 PM
Somebody needs to show Rick the keylock function on his cell phone.

Al_Capone_Junior
06-02-2004, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
we both listened for a while and concluded rick needs more fiber in his diet.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFLMFGDAO!

al

PokerBabe(aka)
06-02-2004, 11:29 PM
"the background noise of your life is more interesting than anything anybody has to say to me anyway. "

ROFL. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sponger15SB
06-03-2004, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

ROFLMFGDAO!

[/ QUOTE ]

that is the lamest thing i've ever heard, please just stick to "haha" or "lol", we all know you aren't "rolling on the floor blah blah blah", you are even banned from using the retarded "ROFL" and slightly less retarded "LMAO"

snakehead
06-03-2004, 01:24 AM
as retalitation for my post on this subject, rick called me again today at 2:20 pm. he still refuses to talk.

Rick Nebiolo
06-05-2004, 05:56 PM
….Nokiaholic.

When I was younger only the big shots had cell phones. Back then most were car phones. It seemed strange to see the big shots doing “big shot business” rather than listening to the car radio like the rest of us.

Eventually many of us had “portable” cell phones. Motorola had the market back then. Their phones were clunky, hard to carry around, better for calling AAA if your car broke down than for calling up a crony to let him know the 20/40 was good that day (yes, back then the games weren’t always good).

I can’t remember when I saw my first Nokia. They just seemed to be everywhere all of a sudden. Now you could carry a cell phone around, even if it took one of those clunky belt clips or cases. Back then I could control it. I guess my eyesight was better, the buttons bigger, the display larger, and I didn’t keep it in my pocket. Little did I know what was to come.

Then I saw it. The Nokia 8290 (http://www.nokiausa.com/phones/8290)

It was so small. It got great ratings. It slipped into my pants without producing unsightly bulges. But with the keys on the outside and me being me it brought out an insidious monster lurking inside.

Imagine you are in a room and the stereo is blasting, a right wing talk show host is jabbering on the radio, all while you are trying to figure out if Mike l.’s checkraise on the turn with bottom pair, a backdoor flush and an overcard is in fact the right play. That’s my mind. It leaves little room for the little things. So things go amiss. I walk out of the bathroom with hands not quite dry. An occasional “sleeper” remains in the corner of my eye. That’s not good in my business.

With the Nokia 8290 I lost control. I loved it. I used every day. Then things got bad. I can’t see the display that well. The keys are too small. And I forget to lock it. I should have known better.

Snakehead isn’t the only one I’ve hurt. He isn’t even at the top of my speed dial since he is in fact listed alphabetically as Snakehead. Many have born the pain and interrupted lives caused by my carelessness.

Since meeting in this group and finally discovering this thread, I’ve Googled for information about twelve step programs. I became even more confused.

I decided to get a flip phone instead. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I’m clean now. Snakehead, next time I call I’ll talk if you can stand answering one more time.

~ Rick

PS Maybe Fossilman's good luck came from listening to me!

John Cole
06-05-2004, 07:14 PM
Rick, You've never called me by mistake. BTW, just to show you how informed I am, I found out yesterday that Greg won. Don't you have a photo of you, me, Greg, and M at Foxwoods? Maybe if we all sign it, it might be worth . . . like a quarter or something.

John

Myrtle
06-05-2004, 08:40 PM
Wife got a call from son #3 one day...caller ID said it was his cellphone....

He had left for work a bit earlier, and the timing was such that he could still be in the car.

In any case, all wife could hear was...."burblemumblesqiiiisssshhhhhgarbleburble" ........

....Wife semi-panics...."OMG!! Did he get in a car accident or something?"...

She starts to scream sons name into the phone......

I call his work # & he asnwers the phone....np....

I ask him to check his cellphone.....

Uh...Oh....It's in his back pocket, and he must have sat on it in such a way that the autodialer kicked in......

Wife has been screaming into his butt for past few minutes......pretty funny for all 3 of us after wife came out of shock.

Rick Nebiolo
06-06-2004, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Rick, You've never called me by mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

We hardly ever communicate by phone (past or present so you're not on my speed dialer. Did you want me to put you on it /images/graemlins/grin.gif?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, just to show you how informed I am, I found out yesterday that Greg won. Don't you have a photo of you, me, Greg, and M at Foxwoods? Maybe if we all sign it, it might be worth . . . like a quarter or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just remember having lunch at the Chinese restaurant inside Foxwoods about three years ago. No pictures, no M.

Anyway, I told a guy I was playing with last night that my cell phone was famous at the WSOP. It's nice to be touched by greatness.

Winning the WSOP couldn't have happened to a nicer guy (unless it was you or me).

~ Rick

John Cole
06-06-2004, 10:57 PM
Rick,

NO! Don't put me on your cell phone. There's that time difference you know.

M met us after we had dinner, and you arranged a group photo, I think.

BTW, where's the digital shots?

WDC
06-07-2004, 05:28 PM
Don't worry Rick,
My phone changed languages from English to Spanish while sitting in my pocket and I haven't figured out to get it back.

Rick Nebiolo
06-07-2004, 09:12 PM
Simple fix - just learn Spanish! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

~ Rick

Mark Heide
06-08-2004, 01:46 AM
John,

I still have my money order stub from three years ago when I backed Greg for $100. It has Greg's name and address on it. I wonder if it's worth anything now?

Good Luck

Mark

WDC
06-08-2004, 12:30 PM
I can barely speak English.