PDA

View Full Version : question about Empire Friday Night Poker Qualifier NL Hold 'em

DrewOnTilt
06-02-2004, 02:08 PM
Hi guys,

Never played the multis before but thinking of taking a stab at some qualifiers. Tonight at 11pm there is a $1 buy-in qualifier - "Friday Night Poker Qualifier NL Hold'em," which guarantees an entry into the $5000 Guaranteed Friday Night Poker Tournament for every 27 players.

My question: In the list of tournaments, the $5000 Guaranteed Friday Night Poker Tournament is listed as a "Hold-em" game, implying that it is Limit and not No Limit. Am I correct in understanding that the qualifier is a No Limit tourney, but the main tourney is a Limit game?

Please let me know, because I hate limit tourneys and don't want to bother with this one if the big game is a ljmit tourney.

Thanks,

DOT

Any Two Suited
06-02-2004, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I correct in understanding that the qualifier is a No Limit tourney, but the main tourney is a Limit game?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct.

You may want to consider brushing up on your limit tournament play, as these Empire events typically have very nice overlay, weak competition, and several frustrated, overaggressive, no-limit players who entered thinking it was a no-limit tournament! /images/graemlins/wink.gif