PDA

View Full Version : Call me greedy...

dfscott
06-02-2004, 01:49 PM
... but I was so bummed that my opponent ran out of money so quickly.

BTW, would most people play KQo in EP? If so, would you fold to the pre-flop raise?

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG+1 posts a blind of $0.05.
Hero calls, UTG+1 (poster) checks, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls.

Turn: (9.20 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

River: (11.20 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises 0.01 (all-in) </font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.40 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 13.40 BB, between Hero and MP3.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (13.40 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Qc Kd (four of a kind, queens).
MP3 shows Kc Ks (full house, queens full of kings).
Outcome: Hero wins 13.40 BB. </font>

Xiphoid
06-02-2004, 02:17 PM
PF: If you're going to play this UTG, definitely raise to show strength. KQo does not play well at all with a lot of people in.
Flop: There could be some flush/straight possibility on this board, so I'm glad you didn't slowplay with three others still in. Betting or check/raising is fine.
Turn: Fine
River: Fine. Too bad his pockets weren't deeper. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MicroBob
06-02-2004, 03:04 PM
agreed with xiphoid.
i raise with this UTG. others fold which is okay as well. i think calling is kind of blah with KQ UTG. either raise or fold imo. i have the same feelings about AJo UTG as well (which is another hand i raise).

there's no way you should fold to just one more bet when it comes back around to you.
if you had raised PF....and then it's capped by the time it comes back to you then you can consider folding (although i would still call the 2-cold on certain players and tables).

the C/R on the turn is solid (as is the cap)...you would love to take this pot right now if you could because of the straight and flush draws that can catch up to you. if you can't take the pot now, then you want to charge them for their draws.

good hand overall.

i love the river bet.

but better still would have been for you to check...then for him to bet....then for you to really dig the knife in and type in the chat-box 'hmmmmm....let me think about this....is this too much to call??'

now THAT would be really classy.

SnakeRat
06-02-2004, 03:13 PM
easy fold after he raises you 1 cent