PDA

View Full Version : Elliot Spitzer

Boris
06-02-2004, 01:26 PM
This guy is completely out of control. He needs to be stopped. First he is pissing in the wind and wasting tax payer dollars by going after Sam Grasso's insane pay package. This case is especially funny for us little guys because Spitzer is suing the Republican members of the NYSE Board of Directors but not the Democrat members. hahahahahaha! How can I not be cynical?

Now he is suing Glaxo for fraud concerning the Paxil anti-depressant drug. The implication here being that all the class action blood suckers somehow let this tantalizing opportunity pass them by. So now Sptitzer has to jump in and save the world (or at least the clinically bummed out). I'm beginning to beleive that States' Attorneys General should not be allowed to run for any other political office for 10 years after they serve there AG term. Spitzer has made no secret of his intention to run for Governator of New York and this recent abuse of office is incredible.

adios
06-02-2004, 03:06 PM
I think Spitzer's going to lose big time on the Grasso suit. Personally I think JP Morgan and Citigroup got a mild rebuke when viewed against the damage that Enron, Worldcomm caused so I'm really not all that impressed with Spitzer either. Don't know much about the case involving Glaxo. Also, supposedly Spitzer is friends with several hedge fund managers as well and won't investigate any of their potential misdeeds.

ChristinaB
06-02-2004, 06:58 PM
A little respect here. This man is going to be the next Governor of New York. You can bet on it.