PDA

View Full Version : KQo, should I have laid this down on the turn?

Chiefs Fan
06-02-2004, 12:21 PM
Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 12.50 BB, between Hero and MP2.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP2 (12.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Ks Qd (two pair, kings and fives).
MP2 shows 5c 6d (full house, fives full of sixes).
Outcome: MP2 wins 12.50 BB. </font>

afk
06-02-2004, 12:37 PM
I probably would have check-called the turn. After he caps you on the flop I think you can slow down. I'm not sure about the river. If he's still laying into you I doubt you're ahead and can probably fold the river safely. But I'd like to see other opinions on it.

edited to say perhaps it's worth a call on the river. I dunno.

chief444
06-02-2004, 12:42 PM
MP2 either has you beat on the flop or is betting a draw. If the turn was a blank I would lead out. But since the 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif could complete either a flush or straight draw I probably just check/call the turn and river.

Shargaas
06-02-2004, 01:27 PM
Much depends on how MP2 plays. However given a typical opponent, I doubt I would fold the turn. Another diamond on the river may beat him and a K or Q may also bring it home for you. After his cap, I would have check-called him down unless I knew his play very well and could lay down the river. Against the people I play, I would call one more bet on the river almost every time.