PDA

View Full Version : I hate calling (15-30 hand)

09-04-2001, 04:56 PM
I am on the button with QQ. An aggressive player raises from the cutoff and I three bet. He calls, we are heads up and the flop comes

K-10-2 rainbow

He hesitates and checks. I "know" he is going to check-raise me and I don't know if that means he has a king. I bet, he raises. I have seen him play enough that I don't think I can fold. He could certainly have JQ or A10 or even less. I call. [Is this the worst option? I considered folding or reraising -- I just hate calling here!]

Turn is a jack.

He checks and I call. [How about a raise semi-bluff here?]

River is a rag. He bets and I call. He turns over K9s.

Please confirm that I played this hand like a gelatinous pantywaist eunuch. This was the only hand I played last night that I feel really bad about. [sweet session :) ]

09-04-2001, 05:05 PM
At 15-30, I guarantee he would not have folded if you reraised on the flop. Maybe a raise on the turn, but even then it is questionable. You may want to fold these hands earlier and make up for it when you have top pair in the same situation because others will call the whole way like you did.

09-04-2001, 07:17 PM
"...gelatinous pantywaist eunuch...". On behalf of Eunuchs everywhere: BIGOT!!

So, you interpret his Check-Raise to mean he's probably got you beat, but not certainly. So what the heck is the point of betting the flop when you KNOW you are probably beat???

This is NOT rocket science, nor is it a Jon Benet pagent. Check the flop, call him down, be glad for your tell.

- Louie :)

09-04-2001, 10:18 PM
Scott: "...gelatinous pantywaist eunuch...".

Louie: "On behalf of Eunuchs everywhere: BIGOT!!"

LOL!

"This is NOT rocket science, nor is it a Jon Benet pagent. Check the flop, call him down, be glad for your tell."

Eggzactly my thoughts.

09-05-2001, 11:56 AM
Good suggestion on how to play the hand; side benefit: the check might scare him more than betting did. On the other point: I am aware of several Eunuch support groups I could refer you to, or you may visit the clearinghouse website at geldings.com

09-05-2001, 12:29 PM
I really thought we were coming into main stream when I saw the second "The Fly" movie; but alas no. I went to one such support group, and it was just a link to Catheters.com.

- The poker player formerly known as "The Stallion".