PDA

View Full Version : Is Neteller completely safe?

cianosheehan
06-02-2004, 07:41 AM
After reading "Where is your bankroll?", I thought I'd point out the fact that in Netellers terms and conditions, they say that at any point they can close the service and keep all money that has been deposited to them.
For this reason I wouldnt risk resting a large amount in Neteller.
Or am I being too sceptical?

daveymck
06-02-2004, 07:56 AM
They are listed on the Stock market now so personally I would say they are as safe as any of the smaller high street banks who could in essence go bust and not get your money back.

Nowhere is 100% safe to have your money, if your poker account is too large and have lots of money hanging around should invest it let it work for you and pull it out if your bankroll dips.

Clubs55
06-02-2004, 08:32 AM
Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Cptkernow
06-02-2004, 11:29 AM
SPAM

MKR
06-02-2004, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They are listed on the Stock market now so personally I would say they are as safe as any of the smaller high street banks who could in essence go bust and not get your money back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being listed on a Stock exchange is not a guarantee of either probity or solvency. (Remember Enron).

I the US and in Canada bank accounts are insured by a federal agency. I don't know about Ireland, but I'm pretty sure that the smallest Irish high street bank has more oversight than Neteller.

I do not mean to suggest that Neteller is unsafe, but it is not a bank; it is not subject to banking regulations and requirements and money you have deposited there is almost certainly neither safer nor as safe as it would be in a bank.

MKR