PDA

View Full Version : game selection and 2+2ers

Vehn
06-02-2004, 02:47 AM
Do you take a seat with a 2+2er at it? Would you expect other 2+2ers to not join a game with you in it? I mean just normal 2+2ers not someone like Soda who will just suck the money out of your and other player's pocket like magic.

Nick B.
06-02-2004, 02:49 AM
I will play if there is only 1 other 2+2er in it, I won't play if there are 2. I don't mind if other 2+2ers sit down, as it usually helps me to focus.

If it gets down to 3 or 4 handed, I won't play if one of them is a 2+2er.

BookOfIcculus
06-02-2004, 02:55 AM
I would recommand sitting at a SH table anytime there is 1 fish there, and not to avoid a table even if soda and his 10BB an hour is at it. Of course once he goes broke you'd probably want to get up.

kiddo
06-02-2004, 03:08 AM
Not sure if I know someone is a 2+2er, and I if I knew I normally dont care. Its more fun to play against good players, they nail you just like you like to nail others.

If the table is a mix of good and tight but not so good players I normally leave. Got nothing to do with if they are 2+2ers.

I think the worst players to play against are the good ones that are a bit 2 aggressive. If you could focus on one table and make a more exact read of their style you can take them down in the long run, but if you play multiple, you better leave.

stripsqueez
06-02-2004, 03:25 AM
i rush to a table that has 1/2 2+2ers on it - nothing social about it - they have probably already done my table selection work for me

mostly though i like playing at a table where i have a firm grip on a couple of players - thats not to say i have a bigger than usual expectation of getting thier money - it just makes playing the game easier and i suspect more profitable

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

ZeeJustin
06-02-2004, 03:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i rush to a table that has 1/2 2+2ers on it - nothing social about it - they have probably already done my table selection work for me

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! You're awsome stripsqueez, but this logic is horrendous.

Oh look, Phil Ivey, Johnny Chan, Doyle Brunson and Howard Lederer are all at the same table, and Gus Hansen is on the waiting list. These guys are all smart players, so there must be an uber fish at that table. I'll hop right in!

Peter_rus
06-02-2004, 04:47 AM
I would take a seat even if there is a table full of 2+2ers.

I want to learn how to play fine with all kind of players - i believe it's some kind of ultimate goal:-). That's why i never search for tables with fishes. I choose the 1 free table everytime. I understood that even if i win in average against good ones- it's not too much as when i facing LAGs or something, but playing against smart players is more educational i believe.

And i just try to claim my goodness. Often good players will leave at a short time, when noticed that they play near zero EV. If they don't leave for a long time - than i'm not too good and need to learn something more:-)

Ulysses
06-02-2004, 05:02 AM
Sitting at a table w/ Soda is just bankroll suicide, of course. Other than him, I don't really care who is in the game. Ideally there are one or two known LAGs seated, in which case I may even sit in a game with Soda, but probably not. Even I'm not that crazy.

Peter_rus
06-02-2004, 05:04 AM
Who is this misterious Soda? Any materials on/from him?

Diplomat
06-02-2004, 05:34 AM
I hear he's 8 feet tall, plays 12 games at once, and is 'involved' with bank tellers.

-Diplomat

Ikke
06-02-2004, 07:21 AM
I think almost every playing style is exploitable in shorthanded poker (which is less true full table), so I play any player who is less able to adapt than me. Also, one fish makes up enough for a better player than me.

Regards

Packerfan1
06-02-2004, 09:41 AM
I usually look elsewhere. I also wont sit if there are two or more players with under 35 VP$IP... plenty of other greener pastures out there.

Pack

Schneids
06-02-2004, 10:10 AM
I don't care if a 2+2er joins me and I often join them. There are a few in particular that usually have dynamic table selection. I'd also like to think I usually have good table selection, so, it's often an affirmation that they are thinking the same about the other's at the table as me.

I've played a couple times with both James and Gonores, and Gonores and Nate, but for the most part if there's ever three 2+2ers at a table I think that's too many unless the other three at the table are uber-fishy.

SA125
06-02-2004, 12:27 PM
I played 10-20 at The Taj the other day with a guy who had the same uncommon nickname of a 2+2er who just wrote a massive thesis in another forum on beating the game.

It's funny because the thesis describes a tough, experienced player who's done extremely well for himself. The guy I played with kept getting reprimanded by the stronger players at the table for constantly checking with chips in his hand. That's a no-no they kept telling him. Chips in your hand means you bet. "You want to check" they told him "put down the chips." He kept asking "but why, why?" Talk about swimming against the tide and just accepting things for what they are. It was obviously a bad habit of his he couldn't control and couldn't be one that he's had for so many yrs beating the 10-20 Taj game.

So, should you play with 2+2er's? I guess it depends.

ZeeJustin
06-02-2004, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hear he's 8 feet tall, plays 12 games at once, and is 'involved' with bank tellers.

[/ QUOTE ]

They say he shoots lightning bolts out of his eyes, and fireballs out of his arse.