PDA

View Full Version : Calling so I can pick up a draw.

Nick B.
06-02-2004, 02:43 AM
I think UTG is in the transition from decent to tilty.
Am I stupid for calling this flop against a Limp RR with original raiser behind me (in the sb). Or what about the calling after the limp reraise?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, MP folds, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

River: (9.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 11.50 BB, between UTG and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (11.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG shows Qs Kh (one pair, threes).
Hero shows 7d Ad (two pair, aces and threes).
Outcome: Hero wins 11.50 BB. </font>

I really need it to rain tomorrow so I don't have to go to work. Only 3 more hours until I am supposed to be up. 70% rain and I should be golden.

stripsqueez
06-02-2004, 03:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think UTG is in the transition from decent to tilty

[/ QUOTE ]

he has arrived

[ QUOTE ]
Am I stupid for calling this flop against a Limp RR with original raiser behind me (in the sb). Or what about the calling after the limp reraise?

[/ QUOTE ]

why wouldnt you raise pre-flop ? - wait - i dont really want to discuss it

ok so you over limped... - i think you pay the extra money pre-flop but its probably close

its possible despite the action pre-flop and on the flop that you are in front - i know this to be true because i've looked at the results - i would imagine that it would be known to me at the table because players capable of this sort of stuff tend to stand out - i probably still fold to the flop bet

i know i'm getting what looks like 13/1 to call the flop but i will get correctly dragged along with lots of hands and pay the turn - whilst accounting for various scenarios i have maybe 3-4 outs there is every reason to fear a raise from one of the blinds after i call the flop bet and if that comes back 3 bet i've donated my money

i think raise is a bit close against this line-up - call is feeble - i reckon hang your head in shame for playing on the button, winning the pot, and not once raising

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

fyodor
06-02-2004, 09:38 AM
I'm with strips' on this one. I raise preflop.
Given you didn't I fold when it comes back with 2 more bets.
Given you didn't I fold the flop.
Given you didn't nice pot. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Nick B.
06-02-2004, 11:21 PM
Preflop, I like my original limp (I know some may not).

Calling two cold back to me preflop was very iffy (more on the bad side).

On the flop, I felt pretty safe calling the one bet since the sb didn't cap preflop and those cards didn't appear to help a hand that would raise, but not cap. I thought that I would be able to see the turn and look specifically for a diamond or a 7, I didn't really want to see an Ace, but I would have probably called it down.

On the turn I got my diamond and also gave me a gutshot straight draw. I think a raise here is only going to cost me 2 more BB to see the river since I don't think it will scare utg enough to fold.

The river was enough to get me to call down as it is a pretty good sized pot. I don't think a raise is going to get me anywhere. I will almost definitely will get a call from 99-KK, but I will get 3 bet by a better Ace, or get a nothing hand to fold.

Vehn
06-02-2004, 11:38 PM
You can like your original limp all you want but it doesn't make it good in almost any game condition.