PDA

View Full Version : UNIQUE situation. SNG qualifier for PP Million IV LIMIT holdem.

DcifrThs
06-01-2004, 11:25 PM
craziness...

so one day i decide to play a limit holdem tourney and lo' and behold decide to play a qualifier for the party poker million IV cuise thingy (worth $12,600) $29+3 sng 10 people.

i win the thing fairly easily and call party poker to find out the details of the next (semi-final) qualifier...

so it turns out i get to start with 3,000 chips and EVERYBODY ELSE at this 10 person SNG qualifier has 1000 to start (i specifically asked this for clarification). now this seems rediculous b/c in limit, one hand won't break you and giving me a 3:1 chip advantage over the whole table seems like a crazy advantage...and i love it...

but now do i consciously open up early in late position and play lots of draws or sit tighter than normal until the limits increase and then use that image to open up or just watch how they play (which i'd do anyway) and play normally according to their tendencies, slightly adjusting for the tourney? only ONE place (first place) gets the trip, 2nd gets another entry but i wouldn't start with 3000 chips next time...

what are your thoughts??
-Barron

tdp
06-01-2004, 11:36 PM
You're missing something here.The semi-finals is multi-table and you'll be playing against 1000-1500 people,many of which will start with 3000.Good luck!

DcifrThs
06-02-2004, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're missing something here.The semi-finals is multi-table and you'll be playing against 1000-1500 people,many of which will start with 3000.Good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

i telephoned party poker and specifically asked all of the questions i stated in my original post....that is what they told me...i wouldn't make it up.

they customer support person said its a 10 player single table tourney with all but me having 1000...

admittedly it seems too good to be true but thats what i was told...if its not then this post is irrelavent as i will be up against a whole field.

thanks
-Barron

TheGrifter
06-02-2004, 01:33 PM
If that were true then the prize would only be worth 2900, not 12,600. This is just further proof of the fact that PP support is very ignorant. It's a multi. Many people will have 3000 chips.

jedi
06-02-2004, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i telephoned party poker and specifically asked all of the questions i stated in my original post....that is what they told me...i wouldn't make it up.

they customer support person said its a 10 player single table tourney with all but me having 1000...

admittedly it seems too good to be true but thats what i was told...if its not then this post is irrelavent as i will be up against a whole field.

thanks
-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

And since when do we start listening to Party Poker customer support? The details should be on the website. I'd trust that more than the customer support.

fnurt
06-02-2004, 06:39 PM
I supposedly have earned a bunch of extra chips but when I open the pop-up window that lets you choose your semi-final dates and allocate your starting chips, it shows me as having 0 chips. Support has been no help so I'm not sure what to do.