PDA

View Full Version : Pre Flop % folding ???

09-01-2002, 06:59 PM
Hello,

how much percentage is "normal" PRE-FLOP folding????

I playing at $1/2 limit and my standart is 85%-90% !!!

Is it too much????

09-01-2002, 08:06 PM
In LL "no-fold em" you should be playing a little more than 10-15%, but not too much.

The thing with LL no fold-em is that the flop isn't raised pre-flop that often. With this being the case, you can often limp in mid or late position with hands that in a tighter game with better players you would muck without hesistation.

When there are 8 people in and you are in LP with a hand like 45s, QTs, KTs, etc.. you can limp in here with the hopes of hitting the flop big. These of course are hands that you routinely fold pre-flop to early position raises. In these LL games though you can limp in for a small bet with little fear of being raised by the blinds.

You are on the right track though - the only sure-fire way to make money in the micro limit games is to grind it out. Getting fancy in these types of games will do nothing but squash your bankroll. Play tight and when you think you have the best of it - get money in. When you don't then get out. I'm sure that you've seen that one pair is rarely a winning a hand in these games...

Good Luck!

09-01-2002, 09:21 PM
"with 8 people in and you are in LP with a hand like QTs, KTs, etc. you can limp in here."

I disagree.

I think you should be raising here a high % of the time. KTs, KJs, QJs and the like are absolute monsters in these games.

sucka
09-02-2002, 01:27 AM
Well clark, I agree with you as well. It's kind of one of those funny things like Tommy Angelo posted a while back of how there are the 'right' things to do - but it's acceptable to do something else, but in many cases I'd do something completely different.

This is pretty much the same thing. I think that depends alot on the table that you are sitting at. There have been times where I knew that if I pre-flop raised that I could count on some limp-re-raising me. The way my luck goes - I'd completely miss the flop and just chucked in 3 bets to see the flop with a hand like QTs.

Anyway, while I agree with you - and have several times pre-flop raised with a hand like this when there were a bunch of stragglers - I still think it's probably something that is not a 100% of the time sort of thing.