PDA

View Full Version : how much should i push this?

faughtandone
06-01-2004, 09:39 PM
ok ok so i know i shouldn't have been in this hand in the first place, but it was a fairly passive table preflop with a lot of people who were willing to pay off with mediocre hands so i had good implied odds.
that being said how much hard should i have pushed this on the river?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (8 handed)

Hero ($117)
Button ($98.35)
SB ($94.35)
BB ($127.95)
UTG ($100)
UTG+1 ($209.80)
MP1 ($100)
MP2 ($81)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls $2, MP2 calls $2, Hero calls $2, Button raises to $5, SB folds, BB calls $3, MP1 calls $3, MP2 calls $3, Hero calls $3.

Flop: ($26) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
BB bets $3, MP1 raises to $6, MP2 folds, Hero calls $6, Button calls $6, BB calls $3.

Turn: ($50) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB bets $3, MP1 raises to $6, Hero raises to $10, Button folds, BB calls $7, MP1 calls $4.

River: ($80) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB bets $3, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $30, BB calls $27.

Final Pot: $140

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 9c Th (straight, ten high).
BB shows Td 5d (straight, eight high).
Outcome: Hero wins $140. </font>

Tilted Litt
06-01-2004, 09:43 PM
Converted for your convenience

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero ($117)
Button ($98.35)
SB ($94.35)
BB ($127.95)
UTG ($100)
UTG+1 ($209.80)
MP1 ($100)
MP2 ($81)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls $2, MP2 calls $2, Hero calls $2, Button raises to $5, SB folds, BB calls $3, MP1 calls $3, MP2 calls $3, Hero calls $3.

Flop: ($26) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
BB bets $3, MP1 raises to $6, MP2 folds, Hero calls $6, Button calls $6, BB calls $3.

Turn: ($50) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB bets $3, MP1 raises to $6, Hero raises to $10, Button folds, BB calls $7, MP1 calls $4.

River: ($80) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB bets $3, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $30, BB calls $27.

Final Pot: $140
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: $140, between Hero and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero ($140).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 9c Th (straight, ten high).
BB shows Td 5d (straight, eight high).
Outcome: Hero wins $140. </font>

faughtandone
06-01-2004, 09:44 PM
thanks man...i realized right after i posted that it didn't covert right so i changed it but good looking out.

cornell2005
06-01-2004, 10:21 PM
dont min reraise like that. not only does it seriously tip your hand, but it contributes almost no extra money to the pot. if the BB wanted to reraise he still has the chance to do so. id reraise the turn big then get as much as possible in on the river. the exact amount depends on who calls the turn, ect.

sailor
06-02-2004, 01:40 AM
I raise $6 on the flop. Im all in on the turn since the low straight could pay you off and the higher straight or full house draw would have to pay big money for a chance to beat you.

theriverwild
06-02-2004, 02:39 AM
i come out betting all the way pot size bets every round but I usually bet the pot. I'm not betting 27 into a 100 dollar pot with the nuts.

theriverwild
06-02-2004, 02:47 AM
I'm sorry but i have to post again. U played theis hand as bad is it could be played. Slowplaying against a raiser giving your hand away instead of trying to play a big pot then a 4 card straight hits the board and u bet 10!!!! Bet huge. the straight will call any size bet even an all in and u bet 10. That's the best card in the deck 4 u if he has the 5 or whatever play 4 his whole stack he can't get away.

faughtandone
06-02-2004, 04:31 AM
you are absolutey right. after he showed down i kicked myself for ten minutes i was so pissed.
for so long party poker had completely destroyed any ability i had to slowplay because i kept losing to some rediculous backdoor draws that were inconcievable and for the longest time i lost any ability to slowplay. it got to the point that i would be raising big w/ top set on a rainbow uncooridinated flop and really losing value with my big hands.
lately i have been trying hard to fight this tendency and actually make some of my big hands payoff and fighting the "bad beat paranoia" that party had infected me with. i think this affected my play on this hand as i was conciously trying to extract money from my opponent and not shut him out of the pot.
by the time the river came i was convinced that my lone caller had to have two pair rather then the straight becuase the way he played it. i thought he would have reraised the turn or bet out more on the river but the smooth call and the rediculously small bet into me on the river was just screaming "i have two pair and i don't want to have to call a big bet here" and i decided to try and sell it for 30 since i didn't think he could call an all here even with the sucker straight.
however after really thinking about the hand i agree with you 100% and often times deciding the right amount to bet is my biggest leak.
thanks for the replies everyone i appreciate your help improving.

Richie Rich
06-02-2004, 12:43 PM
Think you left a lot of money on the table by betting so weak on the flop and turn. On the flop, okay...you're trying to trap some people in...but how can you bet less than one-fifth of the pot on the turn, when there are two hearts out and you're against 3 opponents? Your opponents obviously were chasing for something, so charge them!!! If a heart falls on the river, or the board pairs, you could be in trouble...

cornell2005
06-02-2004, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise $6 on the flop. Im all in on the turn since the low straight could pay you off and the higher straight or full house draw would have to pay big money for a chance to beat you.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this is bad. first, pusying for 100 more or whatever into a 35 dollar pot ont he turn makes no sense in this situation.

plus, if you raise the flop i think you have to raise it more than min raising to 12 like you said. at least raise it to like 15 or 18, min raising is to detrimental.