PDA

View Full Version : GOOD FOLD?

jdoe
06-01-2004, 08:56 PM
$.10 $.20 NLHE home game down to six handed , game is about to break.

I have the big stack with about $80 and have been destroying the game all day.

I get KQs diamonds on the button. MP($31) raises to $2 I make it $4, all fold to MP who calls

FLOP Jd 9c 4d

MP goes all-in (27 bucks)

I take some time to put him on a hand, I have to outdraw him no matter what. I fold

did I play this one right?

Jdoe

cornell2005
06-01-2004, 10:25 PM
will he min raise preflop with alot of hands? if you figure your k and q are clean then i call.

sailor
06-02-2004, 01:14 AM
what does his $2 raise mean? what type of player is he? I would almost NEVER re-raise with a KQs. The only acception would be heads up against a maniac who views me as a tight and agressive player. The only time I would even call a raised pot with KQs is if it was multi-way (at least 3 others) and I had some position. I would definately fold after the flop to an all in bet.

theriverwild
06-02-2004, 02:54 AM
is that a tough decision folding king high to a 27 dollar bet and an 8 dollar pot? Please tell me your screen name

cornell2005
06-02-2004, 08:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
is that a tough decision folding king high to a 27 dollar bet and an 8 dollar pot? Please tell me your screen name

[/ QUOTE ]

its not THAT simple, he has a flush draw and 2 overcards.

jdl22
06-02-2004, 08:41 AM
I made the same mistake. When he wrote KQs diamonds I read that as KQ of spades and then apparently didn't take in the diamond bit.

TheCat
06-02-2004, 08:47 AM
You have a flush draw and a gunshot str8 draw, that's 12 outs. You also have two overcards, which are proably good, thats another 6. If he did have an overpair he would probably have reraised you pre-flop. With 18 outs twice you are big favourite. You can go all in on the flop with 12 outs and have the best of it.

nicky g
06-02-2004, 09:11 AM
It's a bit much to assume that both your overcards are good. Even if he doesn't have an overpair he may have a set, two pair or some of your cards tied up (QJ, KJ or even AK). The only likely hand in whcih both your overcards are good is AJ (maybe tt). He may well have that but to assume he always or mostly does is wishful thinking). I would add maybe 2 extra outs for your overcards rather than six when calculating your outs, to compensate for the many times when one or both of them is no good. That still leaves you with 14 outs.

TheCat
06-02-2004, 01:01 PM
He only needs 12 outs to go all in.

schwza
06-02-2004, 01:11 PM
I've also noticed near when a home game is gonna break (esp. the last hand) people will do some maniac stuff. That said, there's a real chance he has a set in which case you're a substantial dog. There's also a small chance he's semi-bluffing with the A-high flush draw in which case you're way behind.

And I agree with what others have said - if somebody makes it 10 BB's to go you should probably muck KQs unless they make big raises with weak hands or you think you can outplay them a ton post-flop. The problem is that if the flop comes K-high or Q-high you have no idea where you are.

RollaJ
06-02-2004, 02:11 PM
If you have a correct bankroll to weather a $30 swing, then call If this is all the money you have to play with fold, youll have better spots to put your money in.