PDA

View Full Version : not quite

stripsqueez
06-01-2004, 09:12 AM
$100+$9 NL holdem SNG on empire

i cleaned up some crappy players early but then went very card dead and wittled down to $940 - 6 of us left - folded to me in the SB which cost me $150 of my aforementioned stack - the BB had $906 before paying his blind - we are last and second last

the BB is a super chook - it must be very very hard to survive in one of these games seeing something like 65% of the flops and repeatedly going all-in with crap but somehow this guy had - i got Js9s and i pushed - he called as i pretty much expected

the BB turned over 10h7h and after 4 blanks the river was a 7

and now i get to suffer the humiliation of sitting here for another hand with $34

i resist with J4o on the button and treble up next hand with 1010 - i treble again next hand with A2o when an A turns

i resist UTG with 84o and get A10o in the BB and get to $762 - i pay the small blind but then couldnt resist calling an all in bet with 8d6d - the flush hit

still 6 handed but now i'm coming third - i fight my way to the front as they start to dwindle

the super chook must be dizzy - he has been last 2-3 times and first 3-4 times i would guess

suddenly after a long struggle the smoke clears and its me and the super chook heads up and i've got $2500 - the super chook has slain everyone in horrible fashion - the best was calling all in with Q2o in the BB when coming third of 5

the blinds are huge and i cant resist my first hand QsJs - the super chook calls and shows K4o - 5 blanks hit

wheres the justice ?

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

TheGrifter
06-01-2004, 10:03 AM
Hmmm, perfect opportunity to challenge him to a HU 500 buck freezeout?

Phil Van Sexton
06-01-2004, 12:29 PM
Unfortunately, his horrible play (seeing almost every flop, going all-in with K-high,etc) gets less and less horrible as you get shorthanded and the blinds go up. Once you are heads-up with high blinds, his "strategy" is annoyingly close to the correct way to play.

Do not underestimate how tough it is to beat a player like this headsup with high blinds......even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Kurn, son of Mogh
06-01-2004, 12:46 PM
I'd say this is exactly the type player you *don't* want to play heads-up. Give me an opponent who's a rock any day one-on-one.