PDA

View Full Version : Email to party support re: disconnect bug

MaqEvil
06-01-2004, 03:41 AM
I'm sure that some members of this forum have had this problem at party in a tournament, where you get disconnected in a hand, then hitting the "I am back" button doesnt really do anything and the solution usually is to close and reopen the client. Well, twice now, I have been unable to reconnect when I reopen the client. The first time, they said that if I emailed support, they would reconnect me. It happened again tonight and they tried to blame my ISP, which is BS, since I tried from two different ISPs. The following is a copy of the email which I just sent to support - The email on the bottom was sent immediately after being disconnected.

Yes, yes, I heard that crap last time. This is an ongoing problem, which occurs both when I use my university connection, and dialup to earthlink. Usually, when I close and reopen the program, I am able to reconnect to the table, while having only missed a few hands. However, this time and once before, I was unable to reopen the table. The last time, you instructed me to email you if it happened again and you would reconnect me to my table. THE PROBLEM IS ON YOUR END, I don't think it is a connectivity issue, but a software bug. The same thing happened to one of my friends as well.

The problem is as follows:
I'm playing a hand, then everything pauses and I get an "establishing connection" box on the table and my cards are folded. The next hand, I can see all of the action on the table, I recieve cards, however, when I hit the "I am back" button, it still folds my hand and the "I am back" button reappears the next hand. Usually, this problem is "fixed" by closing the partypoker client and reopening it, usually it takes me right back to my table. However, this time, and once before, It displayed the "taking you to table 12002" window, with a progress bar that repeated without actually doing anything, ending in a window telling me that it could not connect me to my table and to contact support if the problem persists. Regardless of what I did, I could not reconnect to the table. I can connect to ANY other table on the site at this time.

The solution you gave last time was to email support and they would somehow fix the problem and allow me to reconnect. This is what I did, this time and, obviously, it did not work.

This is unacceptable. I refuse to play on a site where I can get randomly disconnected and cannot reconnect for no reason. Refund my $110, figure out why this is happening, fix it, and promise to refund my money or allow me to reconnect should this problem occur again, or I will cash out and not return. I have paid almost $5000 in rake in the year that I have played on partypoker, I enjoy playing with you, however, I refuse to lose money due to your buggy software.

----- Original Message -----
From: <info@partypoker.com>
To: <ME>
Sent: Monday, May 31, 2004 11:43 PM
Subject: Tournament [#1170211]

> Dear ME,
>
> Thank you for contacting us.
>
> With regards to your e-mail we would like to inform that we have checked the hand history of the hands you have played on 01-JUN-2004 02:05 on Table 12002($50/$5) and we see that all the players at the table were able to play this implies that the connection at the table was good.
>
> You have finished playing at the table and finished in the 4th position.
>
> However we see that you face a disconnection problem at your Internet therefore you were unable to play at the table. To avoid this situation in future we request you to check with the Internet service provider so that he can resolve the problem.
>
> Please note that if the problem is at the table all the players will not be able to play in that situation we go ahead and make a refund according to our Disconnection policy and Cancellation Policy.
>
> Please check the following link for more details :
>
> http://www.partypoker.com/games/disconnection_policy/index.html
>

> If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Department at any time. We are here 24/7 to assist you via email.
>
> Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!
>
> Haritha
> Poker Customer Care
>
> Tell a friend about PartyPoker.com and get a chance to win a slice of the $50,000 Bonanza.
>
> Go to http://secure.partypoker.com/tell_a_friend/index.html for more details.

MaqEvil
06-01-2004, 06:27 PM
The problem is not the connection. The problem is that your software will not allow me to resume play after a connection problem.

Please explain how it is that a connection problem would allow me to see everything that is happening at the table, including my hole cards, in real time, with no lag, but not allow me to act after hitting the "I am back" button, no matter how many times I press it. Also explain how it is possible that a connection problem would allow me to access and play on any table other than the one that I was playing on previously. Furthermore, explain how it is that the exact same problem has happened to my friend in california. And don't try to blame my ISP, because during my last problem, I connected both with dialup Earthlink, as well as my university connection.

If you can explain that to my satisfaction, I will withdraw my complaint.