PDA

View Full Version : 22 players left...top 20 pay...

youngladyfriend
06-01-2004, 02:23 AM
Omaha hi lo split I had 2000 in chips, 400-800 stakes, and on the button with A 2 9 k and A was suited. all fold to me and I raise 400. BB calls.
flop comes 67Q with one of my suit. He bets, I raise hoping to draw low hand or steal pot. He reraises me and I have 800 in chips left. It was here that my girlfriend and I get into an argument about wether I should play for 'in the money', cause there were a lot of players on short stacks, or go for the low and keep a chunk hoping to finish much higher in the money. Is it a clear fold, or am I an idiot?

Buzz
06-01-2004, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Omaha hi lo split I had 2000 in chips, 400-800 stakes, and on the button with A 2 9 k and A was suited. all fold to me and I raise 400. BB calls.
flop comes 67Q with one of my suit. He bets, I raise hoping to draw low hand or steal pot. He reraises me and I have 800 in chips left.

[/ QUOTE ]

youngladyfriend - I figure you have 400 left at this point. (2000 - 800 - 800 = 400)

[ QUOTE ]
Is it a clear fold, or am I an idiot?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think neither.

If you weren't willing to commit all your chips, perhaps you shouldn't have gotten involved in the hand at all.

The pre-flop raise, trying to steal is not terrible, in my humble opinion, if you thought you might be able to steal the blinds. However, the post flop raise seems short-sighted.

When you're short stacked, you can't have it both ways. Either you play hands you think are playable or you fold them. You can do it either way and there are good arguments to support both approaches.

What seems very short-sighted is to raise and then consider folding to the re-raise (which you probably should have anticipated, considering the size of your stack).

Buzz