PDA

View Full Version : Data and Statistical Significance?

Ajax410
06-01-2004, 02:04 AM
Hey all -

I recently purchased Pokertracker and have just begun to use it to track my SNG's at PartyPoker. Since getting it, I've participated in 30+ tournaments and almost 2000 hands. I'm wondering if this information is enough for the posters on this forum to help hone my game, and also, if it is (and even if it isn't), what data I should post in order to provide a proper read on how I am as a player. I feel like I'm playing well - in these 30+ tournaments (all 10/1 except for 1 20/2) I've netted almost $300, and this has all taken place in mostly the last week, but I would love feedback from the helpful members of the forum. Thanks!

Jsb
06-01-2004, 03:29 AM
i would highly recommend just posting specific hands that you have questions about.
and 30 tourneys is unfortunately not statistically significant. i would say get *bare minimum* 100 tourney results before posting statistical data.
as far as what data to post, the first things that come to my mind are average place, percent flops seen, win percentage when flops seen, ROI and ITM percentage...and i'm sure i'm forgetting imporant stuff but those are what stick out in my mind immmediately

Ajax410
06-01-2004, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the post - I have one other question though:

Pokertracker doesn't have a specific ROI stat - how do I calculate this? Thanks!

Bozeman
06-02-2004, 01:51 PM
Net amount
--------------------
Buyin + Fee + Ext

citanul
06-02-2004, 02:51 PM
what's ext?

citanul

Bozeman
06-02-2004, 02:54 PM
You'll have to ask PokerTracker Pat, this is a particular column heading: "Buyin+Fee+Ext". Perhaps rebuys?

Craig