PDA

View Full Version : The Matrix

Insp. Clue!So?
06-01-2004, 01:57 AM
I don't read this forum often enough to say for certain, but I don't think different games/bets get enough distinction during most discussions.

For a given limit, what I wonder are typical ROIs for the mythical average competent player?

Something like

Holdem Omaha O/8 Stud Stud/8

NL 45 45 38 35 34

PL 44 44 36 29 28

Lim 36 34 29 25 25

These numbers are totally made up, except that they represent a very broad stab at general trends by me; they shouldn't be taken at all seriously.

What I'm looking for is any opinions and analysis of this issue that *should* be taken seriously.

Insp.

Insp. Clue!So?
06-02-2004, 02:03 AM
Hmmmm...maybe I worded this wrong or something. You mean *nobody* has any opinion as to the relative value of different games and bet styles in terms of ROI? Or has this already been hashed to death (seems unlikely).

Insp.

citanul
06-02-2004, 08:18 AM
dude, where do you find these NL stud/stud8, o, o8 games?
that's crazy.

more thoughtful reply later i think.

citanul

Insp. Clue!So?
06-02-2004, 01:23 PM
You're right, I guess they don't exist unless some of the Euro-oriented places are spreading them. No reason why they shouldn't actually.

I just included them for illustration purposes.

The question remains, are NL hold em Sngs twice as good in terms of ROI typically? are Omaha/8 Limit Sngs worth half as much as PL Omaha High? These are the sorts of questions I'm getting at.

Insp.