PDA

View Full Version : 55 on the button, flopped a set

Irishboy
05-31-2004, 10:34 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO ($89.85)
Hero ($43)
SB ($103.66)
BB ($44.80)
UTG ($88.57)
UTG+1 ($81)
MP1 ($56.50)
MP2 ($72.05)
MP3 ($66.25)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls $1, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls $1, MP2 calls $1, MP3 folds, CO calls $1, Hero calls $1, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($7) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(7 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets $2</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls $2, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, MP1 calls $3, CO calls $3.

Turn: ($22) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
MP1 checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

River: ($22) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets $4</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $20</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises to $36</font>, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $37 (All-In)</font>, MP1 calls $1.

Final Pot: $100
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: $100, between Hero and MP1.</font>

Comments on all streets appreciated.

If you are wondering why I checked the turn, I wanted allow an A or K of diamonds to catch up on the river

Prevaricator
05-31-2004, 10:44 PM
I think your raise on the flop should probably be a bit larger. You don't want flush draws to hit for cheap.

On the turn, you don't get payed off if the /images/graemlins/diamond.gif doesn't hit the river though, so it might be better to make some relatively small bet on the turn. Also, someone could also be attempting to check raise you with a small made flush, and another diamond might scare them on the river. If you bet the same amount you raised on the flop, they will very likely call with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, and will reraise you if they've got the flush. If the 9 hit them, its also likely they will stay in the pot.

River is fine of course, just hope they dont have 98 or 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif when the smoke clears.

Guy McSucker
06-01-2004, 03:20 AM
Definitely bet the turn.

The top flop card just paired, which makes is very likely someone has trips. This means that they have 7 outs against you. It also means they'll call a bet despite the three diamonds on board. Someone with a high diamond has 9 outs and is also pretty likely to call a bet.

Depending on what they hold and what falls on the river, you may lose your market (e.g. a fourth diamond comes and nobody has a diamond in the hole, or no diamond comes and everybody was drawing to diamonds), or you may lose the pot.

That 8d is a nasty river: you've no way of telling if you're getting action from flushes or from hands like 9-8. I would be reticent to put in so many raises with my small full house at this stage.

Rewinding a bit, I might raise more on the flop, too.

Guy.

aces_full
06-01-2004, 02:08 PM
You have the best hand on a dangerous flop. My goal would be to win the pot right there or make the flush draw call down crazy amounts of chips to chase. MP1 made a weak bet into a $7 pot. I'm thinking of a minimum $10 raise here.

If you get called, you want to bet the turn when you made your full house. A pot sized bet would be good. You can still get outdrawn by two pair filling in or a higher PP hitting a set on the river.

TheGrifter
06-01-2004, 03:05 PM
Preflop - Fine

Flop - Make a decision, either toss in 15 bucks to make the draws pay, or just call the 2 bucks to get overcalls and hope your hand improves and you can trap later.

Turn - Gotta bet here. There are so many hands that will pay you off here that I'm definitely potting it.

River - I'm not worried about a better hand here, I push.