PDA

View Full Version : Party network architecture

ddubois
05-31-2004, 09:39 PM
Anyone else have the intermittent problem of Party Poker putting you into a broken state where you have minimal operations? By this I mean, chat doesn't work, player searches don't work, you can't join wait lists, the cashier dialog is blank, and last but not least, sometimes, the software keeps bumping you out to 'perma away' state, wherein you keep pressing "I am Back" over and over but it keep repopping every hand.

The odd thing is, during this time, you still see hands being played, and you still see people talking. Sometimes you can even be playing at one table, but 'perma away' on another table.

During this time the rest of the internet works, but of course customer support blames my ISP, even while I'm talking to them over the internet. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Does anyone have any information about the network usage of the party poker software that might explain this? I would hypothesize that the party poker software opens multiple TCP connections, and sends the game traffic over one port/connection, and sends the other traffic over different ports/connections. Perhaps there is something in the way my firewall is configured that contributes to these problems? It seems unlikely, given that the problem is rare and sporadic, but any informaiton about how the party poker software is using the network might lead to clues as to the reason for this bug.

Frozen
05-31-2004, 09:42 PM
I've had this too. One table worked fine, the other in auto-away, and I couldn't sit back down. Party, of course said it's not their fault, and refused to compensate.

Theodore Donald Kiravatsos
05-31-2004, 10:00 PM
People have brought up this issue before under different posts. If this happens to others, it usually happens when they use the search feature or open their Buddy list.