PDA

View Full Version : Was there a deal before on the last table?

JAque
05-31-2004, 08:28 PM
Wondering if there was a deal made on the WSOP this year or last year?

JAque

Stew
05-31-2004, 08:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wondering if there was a deal made on the WSOP this year or last year?

JAque

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about last year, but this year, no deals were allowed. That doesn't mean a side deal wasn't made, but the players were barred from deal-making this year.

Now that I think about it, I don't think there was a deal last year as I recall reading somewhere that Moneymaker offered Farha a deal and he passed on it.

slavic
05-31-2004, 09:38 PM
Hmmm I sure don't like the sound of no deal-making being instituted. If they do this I'd like to see a bar on taking pieces of each other also.

Yeknom58
05-31-2004, 10:17 PM
Regarding the no deal policy, I think this is just one of those things that they say but have no intention of enforcing.

Dynasty
05-31-2004, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Regarding the no deal policy, I think this is just one of those things that they say but have no intention of enforcing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure Binion's will enforce it by playing the tournement to the end and then paying each player a $ amount according to what place they finish (and deduct the appropriate tax amount). If the players who finish at the top of the tournament then decide to hand cash to the other players, Binion's can't stop that.

AceHigh
05-31-2004, 11:53 PM
I'm fairly sure there wasn't this year. Greg had a huge chip lead and has a lot of confidence in his abilities with a big stack.

I know a player who talked to Greg Thursday night and Greg was very confident, so I doubt he was looking to deal. (supposedly he tried to buy a part of Greg and was turned down, but he might have been kidding about that part).

slamdunkpro
06-01-2004, 09:51 AM
Greg himself says no in the WPT forum.

MilesDavis
06-01-2004, 12:12 PM
No deal this year and no deal last year.

Chris last year wanted a deal, but Sammy said no.

M.B.E.
06-02-2004, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know about last year, but this year, no deals were allowed.

[/ QUOTE ]
What do you base this on? As far as I know, deals were permitted at the WSOP this year.

Stew
06-02-2004, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know about last year, but this year, no deals were allowed.

[/ QUOTE ]
What do you base this on? As far as I know, deals were permitted at the WSOP this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Michael O'Malley posted on RGP that deals were not going to be allowed in events to be broadcast by ESPN, that'was part of their contract with ESPN, that's how I came to that conclusion.

It would be nice if Fossil or Snakehead or Tyler or maybe even Stunnor could comment on whether or not they had to sign something to this effect.

M.B.E.
06-02-2004, 10:39 PM
I did not see the Michael O'Malley rgp post, but maybe he was referring to a policy that will come into effect next year?

This year, players were not informed of any "no-deals" rule.

Greg (FossilMan)
06-05-2004, 03:40 PM
Nobody ever told me I couldn't make a deal. Also, neither I nor any of my opponents ever brought it up.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

Tyler Durden
06-06-2004, 07:49 AM
We didn't have to sign any kind of no dealmaking policy prior to playing. Perhaps once players got deep into the money that was an issue, but I doubt it.

Stew
06-06-2004, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nobody ever told me I couldn't make a deal. Also, neither I nor any of my opponents ever brought it up.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

[/ QUOTE ]

Good to know, thanks for the information. I tried finding the post I was referring to on RGP, but I can't find it now.

UMTerp
06-07-2004, 12:54 AM
I think the WPT has a no dealmaking policy, but I've never heard of anything like that for the WSOP.

Stew
06-07-2004, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the WPT has a no dealmaking policy, but I've never heard of anything like that for the WSOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I've heard that as well. I'm beginning to think I have this concept confused with the No Logo Post that was made after the ladies event Final Table.