PDA

View Full Version : Close 1st Party acct to open a 2nd one with Affiliate?

AA suited
05-31-2004, 07:52 PM
If i close my 1st acct, will Party have a problem with me opening a 2nd acct with an Afiliate? I'm not going to take any of the bonuses. Just the rake rebate.

THX

benjdm
05-31-2004, 07:53 PM
I have no answer, but am considering the same thing.

Tosh
05-31-2004, 07:56 PM
Something I've been considering too.

ctv1116
05-31-2004, 07:59 PM
This is how you should ask in your e-mail to Party:

"Party, I'd like to create a 2nd account so that I can get a rake rebate through an affiliate, even though that is discouraged by you all. Don't worry, I won't take any of the bonuses, so it's no problem right? I'll steal 20% of your revenue that you make off of me, but I won't take an additional bonus, deal?"

Alobar
05-31-2004, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If i close my 1st acct, will Party have a problem with me opening a 2nd acct with an Afiliate? I'm not going to take any of the bonuses. Just the rake rebate.

THX

[/ QUOTE ]

You can try it, but likely you'll get caught and they will close your account. Just open a new account on a different party skin and get an affiliate there. If you've got accounts on all the party skins, well you're just SOL then

PITTM
05-31-2004, 08:06 PM
i would feel a lot worse for them if they werent making millions of dollars. me "ONLY" paying 80% of what they want me to pay really shouldnt be a problem for them.

rj

stripsqueez
05-31-2004, 08:22 PM
the point of having affiliates is to attract new players to the site - at least thats the point of it from the sites perspective - the site isnt going to pay an affiliate 20%+ of thier gross profit from a player when that player has already been a member of the site

i'm not sure how you "close" an account at an on-line site - if you could open and close accounts then you could regularly change your handle or pick up the initial deposit bonus repeatedly

i doubt its possible

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Syntax
05-31-2004, 08:22 PM
Ive been thinking the same thing. I pay tons of rake at Party. I was considering having my fiance set up an affialiate account on Empire (she doesnt play cards). Then I would sign up and play at Empire under her. We both can get all the bonus's and keep the rake.

So right now we have differnet addresses and last names, so I dont even think they would catch it. But what happens when we get married and have the same name and address? Will I have problems cashing out my winnings?

AskSomethingNew
05-31-2004, 08:26 PM
Ask Something New.

cornell2005
05-31-2004, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ive been thinking the same thing. I pay tons of rake at Party. I was considering having my fiance set up an affialiate account on Empire (she doesnt play cards). Then I would sign up and play at Empire under her. We both can get all the bonus's and keep the rake.

So right now we have differnet addresses and last names, so I dont even think they would catch it. But what happens when we get married and have the same name and address? Will I have problems cashing out my winnings?

[/ QUOTE ]

that would work no problem. you dont even have to have 2 net tellers, just transfer money back to the other account if you want to cash out. they dont care about transfers, in fact, they make it easier with the quick cash option

Botchy Dud
05-31-2004, 08:31 PM
If you had an account at Pokerspot, you will be welcome at Rakefree.

stripsqueez
05-31-2004, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was considering having my fiance set up an affialiate account on Empire (she doesnt play cards). Then I would sign up and play at Empire under her

[/ QUOTE ]

i have heard several stories of affiliates who's payment was withheld by party because they had failed to attract any new sign-ups for a period of 3 months or so - i am not sure about partys capacity to do this but they definately try it on - unless your fiance plans to get the odd additional sign-up i suspect empire would try the same thing

stripsqueez - chickenhawk