PDA

View Full Version : PokerStars or Party Poker?

LakersFreak
05-31-2004, 07:20 PM
I am going to move to one of these sites, but I am not sure which one?

Which one should I go to, and why? Thanks!

mike1212
05-31-2004, 07:24 PM
Party has the loosest ring games and SnGs. Poker Stars has some great tourneys. Why not both?

sumdumguy
05-31-2004, 08:08 PM
Hands down. Pokerstars!
Party has a higher rake. You shouldn't pay a higher rake.
Party games can be loony. You don't want the high variance.
Pokerstars has FPP's. A free T-shirt for every day of the week.

Did I convince you? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

ctv1116
05-31-2004, 08:38 PM
Loony = good in my book.

LakersFreak
05-31-2004, 09:03 PM
I only play no limit, and multi table tourneys, so would that affect my choice?

shandrakor
05-31-2004, 09:09 PM
Yes. If MTTs are important to you, Stars is the only possible choice.

gk2400
05-31-2004, 09:50 PM
For your cash ring game action (NL) you said you liked to play, I would go with party. For your SitnGo's go with stars. I think both have a first time bonus and stars your sitngo rake goes towards your bonus.
Gene

MicroBob
05-31-2004, 10:18 PM
stars does not have a first-time deposit bonus....just occasional re-loads (and hopefully another one coming up to celebrate another WSOP title).

agreed that you should play NL-ring on party and MTT's on stars.
there is absolutely no reason why you should have to decide between the two when you can easily play both.

i'll usually be playing the party ring-games...but when i want a break i'll check-out a cheap-o (or freeroll) stars or ub or paradise MTT.

Gomez22
05-31-2004, 11:05 PM
Take this with a grain of salt....

I've played both Stars and Empire/Party.

I haven't played a whole lot of Stars because the 1st site I deposited into was Empire, and even though I had success there early on, and they're a skin of Party, I still prefer Stars.

Stars has, by far, the best MTT's in the business, but they do not offer the free money that Party does. Everyone on here talks about how the fish flock to Party, and that is true, but I have had better goings on Stars than I have on Party in relation to no limit games..... for limit games, I would give Party/Empire the nod.

For all around gaming, I would go with Stars or Ultimate Bet...... for limit play, I'd definately stick with Party/Empire.

Another fishy site I've had good success with is Prima, but they're not as big as the big 4(Party, Stars, UB and Paradise), and that may be a deciding factor for you. I suggest that you download 5 or 6 clients and try the play money games to see if you like the interface.

Party has crappy customer support. Stars has GREAT customer support. UB and Paradise, I(personally) believe have about the same level of support.

Good luck in whichever site you choose,

'Mez