PDA

View Full Version : 10 dollar rebuys on PS...

jakeoneil
05-31-2004, 05:11 PM
Ive played in several of these, and im about to start playing them heavily. Each one i have played in, i have come across a total maniac who guys all in nearly every hand and then rebuys to 3k and does the same. My question is, "How should i play against these people? Should i call them all in when i get Ace high, or should i play conservatively and just call when ive got the goods(PP, Ace-Face, Face-Face)" Any advice would be great.

t_perkin
05-31-2004, 08:22 PM
Where you are sat relative to this player makes a lot of difference. You want him to act immediately after you ideally.

The reason for this is that you want to make sure that you are only facing him, and him alone. You do not want to get dragged into playing against him with a sub-premium hand with someone else in on the action as well. The odds are that they have the goods. Remember that he is not the only player at the table!

I personally play very tight here. You want to make sure you are ahead, and you are not going to be seeing many cheap flops so don't limp or even make anything other than a raise to get yourself alone with him.

I would only play AA-TT and AK against him, maybe a little looser if I knew for a fact that I would be facing him alone.

just some thoughts, others may well correct me.

Tim