PDA

View Full Version : How much does a preflop raise change the complexion?

fyodor
05-31-2004, 04:31 PM
This table was pretty loose. The middle player for sure was loose but also pretty passive. I just limped and consequently got bet out on the flop. Are my cards worth raising preflop if I'm going to play them at all given the CO posting?

Perhaps then the BB checks the flop, MP opens and I raise. A whole different hand.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $5.
UTG folds, MP calls, CO (poster) checks, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, BB bets, MP raises, CO folds, Hero folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB checks, MP bets, BB calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB checks, MP bets, BB calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Ks 3c (one pair, kings).
MP shows Js Jd (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: BB wins 8.50 BB. </font>

Requeim
05-31-2004, 04:38 PM
Blearg, I don't like the preflop limp even with a limper and a poster. Otherwise, it was a good fold on the flop.

Vehn
05-31-2004, 04:39 PM
er this is a terrible fold on the flop imo.

NLSoldier
05-31-2004, 04:56 PM
There are way to many draws and other hands you are ahead of out there for this to be a good fold on the flop, I'd prefer a 3-bet.

Requeim
05-31-2004, 04:59 PM
I think there are better places to spew chips than on that board. It's possible that both are drawing, but he did mention that this is a passive table. I usually prefer to 3 bet in a better spot.

fyodor
05-31-2004, 11:08 PM
First there is no way I normally play K5s except as a blind or 1st in with a raise CO or Button. A limper and a poster fished me in. My question was if I'm going to play it should I come in with a raise?

As played I personally would not 3 bet that flop (and I didn't) Either one of those guys could have QJo and are betting to protect against a flush draw. Also any King should have me outkicked. Yes it could be a Ten betting and a flush draw raising but like Requiem said: "there are better places to spew chips"