PDA

View Full Version : v.6 Turbo Texas Holdem

mojo
05-31-2004, 02:20 PM
Has anyone heard about when TTH v.6 will come out? The website isn't very clear. I wanted to buy version 5 but am trying to decide if I should wait till this new version comes out (if ever). Also, can somebody give me a review of the Sidewinder Sid program?

Ragnar
05-31-2004, 03:56 PM
At least in the current version Sidewinder Sid is very slow, and not always accurate. It does help you go back through the hands and replay it in your mind. If you use it to think back through the hands for yourself and don't rely on it as gospel it might be worthwhile.

Ragnar

Rooster71
05-31-2004, 04:02 PM
I don't know when v6 is coming, but I do have the current version including Sidewinder Sid. The Sidewinder Sid program goes over hands where you made questionable calls, raises or folds. I have heard people complain that it is too basic and is only for beginners, but my opinion is that it is worth the money ($20 I think). I don't always agree with the advisor, but I think it is important to review hands that were questionable. So, IMHO, spending $20 on Sidewinder Sid is not a bad investment unless you are already an excellent player. I like to see Sid's analysis so I can compare how I am playing at different times. In other words, it has helped me gain some discipline in my game. And even though it is pretty basic in many respects, it's purpose is to help your game (IMO), not to tell you what cards to play, when to raise, etc. etc. Hope this helps...

BTW...I am interesting in finding a review of the tourney version of Turbo Texas Hold'em....anyone?

Soleo
06-01-2004, 05:09 PM
About Wilson's Tournament Hold'em V4:
Don't expect to find same tools as in regular TTH V5. Actually this tourney software is to play only and no analysis module there at all, although you may set up event from billions of formats. Strongest modeled opponents are still of average strength. My personal opinion is that you will gain equal experience simply by playing various low buy-in tournaments online.