PDA

View Full Version : River decision...

granny50
05-31-2004, 01:21 PM
I am usually a tight unimaginative player. The good players in my home game usually put me on a hand pretty easily. They're usually close. The home game is played with a 25 cent blind and max $10 buyin. Yesterday, I chose to exploit this to the full extent. I raised close to 70% of my hands. There were 2 new players to the game who hadnt played before. I saw 2 hands where one of the new players called bets all the way with a pair of jacks on a K J 8 board. He did this twice and his initial stack of $10 is down to about $6.
Anyway, onto my first hand of the night. I'm on the button and havent looked at my hand yet and there are 2 limpers to me. Both these limpers - lets call one J and T. T usually plays back at me but not J.
I look down at my first card and see A /images/graemlins/heart.gif and decide to raise it to $1 (4xBB). The loose player calls me. Board comes down A J x. I bet $2. He calls. Turn blank. I bet he calls. Now I look down to check my kicker. It's a queen. Thats not too bad I think. I put him all in on the river. He frowns calls and then I show my hand and he says "dammit" and flips over .... JJ. Poor guy had no idea he was winning. Onto the second hand, where I have about $3.75 or so left. I raise it to $1 after looking down at AKo. I get reraised by the other new player a whole 50 cents. I push all in. He calls and shows 22 and they hold up and I am done for the night. I go back to my friends dorm room start drinking a couple of beers, watch an episode or two of Southpark and then get bored and get back to the table. 2 more players have been eliminated and I watch. At this point, J looks at me and says "I know you really want to play so I'll spot you $10 if you'll pay me back." I jumped at the opportunity.
I post my blind and am dealt J6o. 2 limpers to me and I check it. Flop comes 4 5 J. There is a 25 cent bet and I call. Turn is 8 and is checked around. River is a 7. The new player bets $3.00 and the other limper raises it to $6.00 .. hmm.. im not buying it .. i call the $6 cold and J looks down at me a little concerned .. the newbie calls. The genius limper shows AA... and me and the newbie split with the 6.

Next hand I get dealt AA and raise it to $1. The tilting wierdo (yes, the same one who limped with AA and lost) calls me cold. The flop is not exactly the best. Q J K rainbow. I bet , he calls. The turn is a 10 and he bets out $3 of his $8 stack and I push he calls and shows down K3s?

Onto the interesting hands... I've raised 4 hands in a row and bet the flop and stole. The next hand I see a King in my hand and T has limped so I raise it to $1. He reraises it to 2. I call. Flop comes A 8 2. He checks .. I bet $4. He thinks .. "says you have queens" and folds. I look at my other card and see a 5. /images/graemlins/grin.gif.
Onto the hand of the night. T limps and I dont raise fearing a limp reraise so I look at my first card see an Ace but decide to check. The flop is 10 J x. He bets $1. I look down and see AK. I call. Turn is blank. He bets $1. I call. The last card is Q.
Do you check or bet?

jmark
05-31-2004, 02:20 PM
Bet. Do you always only look at 1 card preflop?

granny50
05-31-2004, 04:13 PM
In hindsight I should have bet... I checked and he checked right behind me.. and I said straight and he shows me kings.... I guess he put me on queens once again to check right behind me....