PDA

View Full Version : Checkraising low top pair

StellarWind
05-31-2004, 12:18 PM
I normally bet out with hands like this. What do you think of this experiment?

Paradise Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)
MP2 is a multitabling tight/typical who I have played quite a few hands against. I don't know a lot about the rest of them.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $3.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (7.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 9.50 BB, between MP2 and Hero.</font>

Guido
05-31-2004, 01:22 PM
I don't think betting out should be your normal way of playing a hand like this. I would check with 5 opponents almost always. See what happens... after the MP bets out and it's folded to you I would raise too. I would bet the turn and river too.

Guido

StellarWind
06-01-2004, 11:06 AM
MP2 has stepped completely out-of-character: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif. MHIG. This is a below 20% VP$IP player who has never been seen to do anything like this. Wonder what happened?

MAxx
06-01-2004, 11:33 AM
i regularly will checkraise in this position. If you bet out, you may find you self with a ton of callers. If you only get one better, checkraise by all means. He is usually trying to pick up pot with something weaker than toppair, now you should charge him for it and clear out the overcards.

Easy E
06-01-2004, 02:30 PM
Checkraise isn't bad, but not sure what it gains you here. Of course, if some fool will NORMALLY call down with a non-kicker, charge as much as you can get.

Schmed
06-01-2004, 02:33 PM
I like a C/R there a lot more. It thins the field with a vulnerable hand. You're probably outkicked here or even beaten on the river but the C/R helps you protect say the person after you with the hearts and an overcard. They may have called just to see what the turn brings.

Sarge85
06-01-2004, 04:15 PM
You only thined out one person, so I'm not sure I like the CR....

That being said, had it gotten checked all the way to the CO or Button on the flop - then the CR is an awesome play here.

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif