PDA

View Full Version : Beggars.... having some fun

pshreck
05-31-2004, 12:18 PM
Anyone who plays 200+15 at Party should know what I'm talking about. In about 40 games I have seen this maybe 10 times.

Towards the end of the tourney (3 left) some guy comes in the room and starts asking the chip leader for a measly 50 bucks if he wins (winner takes down 1000). I have no idea what position these people are in in terms of their lives/poker skills/bankroll, but I dont think any of them are good. A few months ago I bottomed out my bankroll but never did I beg.

Anyways, Friday I took down first in a a 200+15 tourney. I have some guy coming at me "Hey, dude, could you maybe lend me 50 bucks". Then I become a jerk, and try to have some fun. I tell him, yes, Im in such a good mood about the win that I will give him 50 via interaccount tranfser. I tell him to wait a few minutes and the money should be there. Now he is talking like a girl, all excited thinking his begging finally worked.

I proceed, to sign off for about 25 to 30 minutes, KNOWING that this pathetic guy is waiting all excited for that money, no way he is going anywhere. I sign back on in 30 minutes and enter 4 30+3 tables for some multi table SNG action.

IN ALL 4 TABLES, I am getting messages from this guy. "Hey dude, did you send it? Whats going on with that money?" I proceed to string him a long more, saying that his current user name is unable to accept transfers (I make this up. HE THEN PROCEEDS to somehow get a new username....??? And asks me to try this one. At this point I think hes so pathetic and I end the charade by saying I cant do it, sorry. He then thanks me and tries to make some more small talk in one of the rooms... (this is very hard for me while multitabling), obviously trying to be my friend and maybe get that money.

The whole thing lasted about an hour or so... and I just thought how pathetic can you get in life by wasting an hour on your Friday night begging for other people's money on online poker.