PDA

View Full Version : KK in BB

08-27-2002, 08:04 PM
Commerce passive 3/6, which has actually been tighter than normal (making it almost not worthwhile because of the enormous $4 per pot no matter what rake). This does not mean "tight" btw, just tight for a Commerce 3/6 game. Anyway, I have KcKs in the BB. UTG limps, EP raises, LP, button and SB call, I 3 bet, all call. Flop is

6h 6c 3s

Not great since anyone could have a 6, but not terrible. SB checks, I bet, 4 calls including PF raiser, SB folds. Hmm.. Turn

9h 6h 6c 3s

I bet out again - if you have a 6, good for you. UTG, EP and button call this time. Four to the river...

9c 9h 6h 6c 3s

I check now. Good/bad? Results later...

Dave

08-27-2002, 09:08 PM
Definitely bet the river here.

Here's my logic: No one has a six, as you likely would've gotten raised on the flop or the turn. If someone has a nine, they will raise and you can easily fold. But, since you will likely call a bet if you check, I would bet out. There are worse hands that will call you, i.e. lower pocket pairs, Ace high.

-JAA

08-27-2002, 09:43 PM
Good analysis, the only thing is I think I might call (depending on other players) a raise because the pot's pretty big. At the time checking seemed right but now I agree I should have bet - a 9 was all that really could beat me and that seems unlikely. Turns out that it was checked around on the river. UTG had 77, EP had QQ and other player mucked... I took it with KK.

08-28-2002, 02:00 AM
Bet. A 6 you would have heard from on the turn almost 100% of the time, and the chance that someone called on the flop with a single 9 is unlikely, bordering on way improbable given that 2 in a row hit the board. Worse hands won't bet, but they will call, including A-high and many pocket pairs.