PDA

View Full Version : my summer plans

jdl22
05-31-2004, 01:04 AM
So after the "60 grand in as many days," "I need a new BMW," and "I need to play a lot" quests I thought I would let you guys in on my plans for the summer. If there is enough interest I will give updates.

Like all noble quests one should have a goal in mind. Well like the guy who seems permanently on tilt I too am carless. I've done some searching and found just the car for me. That is also my goal.

The car I have in mind will cost around $200 (the price is somewhat negotiable). I currently make about 7 bb/hr playing 1 table of .01/.02, and if I add a table my rate drops somewhat so I only make 10 bb/hr combined on the two tables. For those of you who don't believe that this is reachable or who don't make this much, I must play better than you do. Stop reading this post right now, I hope you lose.

I will have 10 weeks this summer to make the necesary $200 (10,000 bb) so I need to try to make 100 bb/wk. At my win rate if I can two table it I need to play for at least 10 hours. The problem is that at times I get crazy with the two tabling so I will actually need to play about 15 hours per week. My plan is somewhat to follow Ulysses' idea and try to make sure I play the hours necesary to get there. Of course if I make a decent amount of money early on I will quit and will play on if I'm losing so that I make sure to hit my dollar goal for the day, but otherwise I will try to log the hours.

Some have suggested that I should switch to NL but at this point in my poker career I don't feel I have the guts to risk the 2 or 3 dollars per hand that is necesary for NL. Maybe in the future I will get up to this level but I just can't right now, although I do like the idea of reducing my variance so that I don't go broke. Maybe this is something to try in the future.

In the other thread for the guy that is trying to buy a car someone suggested putting a picture near the monitor of the goal. I have done this, and I will also post the picture here:
http://www.mensetmanus.net/windpower/images/junkcar0-big.jpg
Hopefully this will give me the determination to play through the cold streaks and go longer if I manage to find a good game but I am tired.

Also I will be living in Eugene, Oregon for the summer. If anybody knows of any cardrooms between San Francisco (Ulysses I'm looking at you) and Seattle that spread low limit games please reply to let me know. I would be willing to play limits as high as $.05/.10 for the experience. While Oregon does border Nevada (little known fact) I have heard that the lowest limits they spread are in the quarter range which I don't feel ready for.

As I said if there is enough interest I will post updates, so please provide some feedback.

Vehn
05-31-2004, 01:14 AM
Sorry please reference this. (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=holdem&Number=422684&Forum =f2&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=99999&Main=422684&Se arch=true&where=bodysub&Name=83&daterange=1&newerv al=9&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Po st422684) thx.

umdpoker
05-31-2004, 01:14 AM
hell yeah! post updates every 5 minutes. i need to know if i am doing better than you.

bicyclekick
05-31-2004, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So after the "60 grand in as many days," "I need a new BMW," and "I need to play a lot" quests I thought I would let you guys in on my plans for the summer. If there is enough interest I will give updates.

Like all noble quests one should have a goal in mind. Well like the guy who seems permanently on tilt I too am carless. I've done some searching and found just the car for me. That is also my goal.

The car I have in mind will cost around $200 (the price is somewhat negotiable). I currently make about 7 bb/hr playing 1 table of .01/.02, and if I add a table my rate drops somewhat so I only make 10 bb/hr combined on the two tables. For those of you who don't believe that this is reachable or who don't make this much, I must play better than you do. Stop reading this post right now, I hope you lose.

I will have 10 weeks this summer to make the necesary $200 (10,000 bb) so I need to try to make 100 bb/wk. At my win rate if I can two table it I need to play for at least 10 hours. The problem is that at times I get crazy with the two tabling so I will actually need to play about 15 hours per week. My plan is somewhat to follow Ulysses' idea and try to make sure I play the hours necesary to get there. Of course if I make a decent amount of money early on I will quit and will play on if I'm losing so that I make sure to hit my dollar goal for the day, but otherwise I will try to log the hours.

Some have suggested that I should switch to NL but at this point in my poker career I don't feel I have the guts to risk the 2 or 3 dollars per hand that is necesary for NL. Maybe in the future I will get up to this level but I just can't right now, although I do like the idea of reducing my variance so that I don't go broke. Maybe this is something to try in the future.

In the other thread for the guy that is trying to buy a car someone suggested putting a picture near the monitor of the goal. I have done this, and I will also post the picture here:
http://www.mensetmanus.net/windpower/images/junkcar0-big.jpg
Hopefully this will give me the determination to play through the cold streaks and go longer if I manage to find a good game but I am tired.

Also I will be living in Eugene, Oregon for the summer. If anybody knows of any cardrooms between San Francisco (Ulysses I'm looking at you) and Seattle that spread low limit games please reply to let me know. I would be willing to play limits as high as $.05/.10 for the experience. While Oregon does border Nevada (little known fact) I have heard that the lowest limits they spread are in the quarter range which I don't feel ready for.

As I said if there is enough interest I will post updates, so please provide some feedback.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I already have dibs on that car.

Warik
05-31-2004, 01:24 AM
Best post ever in 2+2 history.

Yes... even better than mine.

joker122
05-31-2004, 01:40 AM
lol, funniest post I've ever read. i'm emailing this to my friends.

adanthar
05-31-2004, 02:38 AM
Dude, I hate to tell you this, but Steph is totally cheating on you.

I know you're gonna take this hard, but don't go anywhere near Crystal just because she's easy. Trust me on this one /images/graemlins/frown.gif

kurtcobain
05-31-2004, 03:22 PM
Are you some kind of idiot? First of all, your car sucks, I wouldn't pay $20 for it, let alone $200. And, secondly, the 1/2 cent games are a joke. If you're playign them, you're obviously not that good, so I dont know what you're doing on 2+2. This is for serious ballers only, so gimme a call when you get up to $5 sit n gos or 10/25 cent limit triple draw.

umdpoker
06-01-2004, 12:12 AM
unless you get the homeless guy living in the car with the purchase, buying this car for $200 is seriously -ev.

jdl22
06-01-2004, 02:25 AM
Fortunately for me I was able to negotiate it down to 20 bucks. That makes it 1000 bb which is doable, I just need to make 100bb/wk.

When I discovered that my figures were wrong by a factor of 10 I frantically went to negotiate with the owner. It's now only 20 bucks but I have to pay moving costs.