PDA

View Full Version : Hand for Review: 45o in the CO - Posted.

Warik
05-31-2004, 12:08 AM
No reads obviously as I just sat down.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Hero posts a blind of $5.
UTG calls, MP calls, Hero (poster) checks, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.70 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, MP calls, Hero calls.

River: (11.70 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls, MP folds.

Final Pot: 14.70 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 14.70 BB, between Hero, Button and BB.</font>

I win, obviously. I caught a great deal of heat from one of the players who did not agree with my preflop call. I felt it was not out of line because 1) I will have position the rest of the hand, 2) I was getting great pot odds because I was already in for one small bet, and 3) I was closing the action.

Comments please?

balkii
05-31-2004, 12:15 AM
You missed a checkraise on the end.

Preflop...eh. You close the action and with the PFR on your immediate left you are in a good position on the flop (if everyone cooperates and checks to the raiser). You might get to close the action on the flop as well, which is crucial with a hand that will most likely flop bottom pair or a gut draw. If calling PF is a mistake, its not a big one.

joker122
05-31-2004, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If calling PF is a mistake, its not a big one.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're not folding this to a raise, what are you folding?

Piiop
05-31-2004, 12:29 AM
Preflop call is good for all the reasons you said. Good pot odds. Closing the action. Great position when you hit your hand even though you didn't check-raise the river. Any reason for that?

Warik
05-31-2004, 12:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Any reason for that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Illogical fear of it being checked through. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

pheasant tail (no 18)
05-31-2004, 05:00 PM
Pre-flop you are closing the action and know there will be 5 players--easy call. On the flop I think your call is questionable. You do not have the odds for a ISD, but you problably have implied odds IF YOU KNOW IT WILL BE ONLY ONE BET. With PF raiser still to act, it's looking likely that it will get raised, maybe three bet. Oh well you called.

When turn comes and you increase your outs to 8 cards and button bets you might consider raiseing after three calls. If a duck or six comes you will get paid (as you did).

I hate a checkraise on the river w/ a made hand (usually), but I doubt anyone feared a 45 and the button is to your left. You might want to check that but w/ no reads I'd have probably bet also.

Nice hand,

PT